Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The Racing Post
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Next for me the Summit series XC, though I don't mind saying I'll bail if it's wet as I just can't race it then 😳

Possibly a little 3 Peaks specific training just in case I'm in.

njee20
    Free Member

Southern XC at Bordon, should be fun, good course. Gonna get the Furious Freds out again I reckon!

oldgit
    Free Member

Possibly a little 3 Peaks specific training just in case I'm in.

Which would be fun as I've just remembered I removed the brake cables.

trail_rat
    Free Member

10 hour enduro at kirroughtree – feel like im finally over my chest infection

trios …. bit of speed work on top of my milage from the audaxing

DWH
    Free Member

Local Bolsover and District CC XC race tonight at 1930. It'll make a change from having my arse kicked at the Nationals 🙁

trail_rat
    Free Member

so – we won – nick punctured and did alot of running ( facebook updates)

how did oldgit and DWH get on ?

njee20
    Free Member

The 9psi wasn't a handicap then Terry, I was right! Well done.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ha nick – the best thing about 10 hour races is its not over till the fat lady sings … in a short course id likely have either used my co2 can on the line or just packed up and gone home there and then !

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Bordon was brilliant wasent it !

njee20
    Free Member

It was a lot of fun, you appeared to do rather well too, nice one.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

yer couldnt believe that either, raced really hard on friday, worked all saturday, then got there on sunday feeling very tired, road a lap which i felt asif i had nothing in me. The race started and suddenly my legs felt like pistons and my lungs felt amazing! strange world !

DWH
    Free Member

I was 5th vet. Which might be good and it might not since Seniors and Vets raced at the same time so I'm not exactly sure how many vets there were. Good race though!

EDIT: Just checked the results and I was 5th out of 16 so not too bad.

oldgit
    Free Member

I'm not racing until tonight at the Bowl.

Then Wednesday I'm having a go at the Summit in the wet, my head goes and I spaz out down there when it's wet, but I've got to get over it.

Realised I've made a big mistake planning my year around midweek racing as I'm knackered by 5pm. Though I'm on the net I'm stood up all day.

Surfr
    Free Member

Pembrey circuit Handicap race for me tonight. Only my second ever circuit race. Hoping to stay with the bunch longer than the 7 laps I managed last time. Wind and rain forecast though, and if you know Pembrey, you know it's VERY exposed.

oldgit
    Free Member

Surfr how did you get on?

And who's up for tonights XC near Amersham??

Surfr
    Free Member

Rubbish!

4th Cats set off in a small bunch at a fast pace. strung out in heavy winds. I fell off the back within a lap, with heavy legs from the hilly Sunday ride, and soloed my way around the course for the remaining hour. The 3/4cat bunch the previous week was easier to hold onto.

I'll be back again next year though 🙂 (ramaining race of this year is a 2/3/4 and pointless me even making the start line)

View my suffering:
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/40326412

EDIT: This was a good read. I can really relate to it 🙂

http://new.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20100526-Blog–Confessions-of-Circuit-Racer

oldgit
    Free Member

Ouch that's not good. So did the 4th Cats organise themselves or was it the usuall adrenalin fuelled mess for the hour?

I entered a handicap, I set off with the 4ths and the 2/3rds weren't setting off until we almost completed the lap so almost right behind them. In theory we could have spent the whole day completing the HC lap, but some flid shot off like a bullet so we all had to chase, he lasted one lap.

Surfr
    Free Member

4th Cats organised themselves I think.

mtbmatt was racing and commented on twitter "So frustrating! The one time the 4th cats work together and stay away i get grit in my eye. Would have been top 8 otherwise."

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The Racing Post’ is closed to new replies.