Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The quorn on the backseat of my maserati
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

OK so we put up with Maserati blocking the screen 5x a day but now the bloody quorn advert that sets itself off at random moments. Not good if you STW lurking away (hidden) at work and then the quorn noise starts up!!

Irritating is the polite version

mrblobby
    Free Member

slowoldman

Burn the non-P

jon1973
    Free Member

[b] jon1973[/b]

Burn the non-P

+1

Cougar

Adverts shouldn’t play audio, it won’t be intentional. I’ll report it to tech@ (just like you can do).

DaRC_L

Yes – any advert that automatically includes sound should be 👿 burnt…
    had one (on another site) that automatically re-set the volume after I’d muted it

bikebouy
    Free Member

P-off?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

indeed 😀 from both perspectives 😉

footflaps

Adverts shouldn’t play audio, it won’t be intentional.

Are you sure, he doesn’t have a “P”, so deserves all he gets!

franksinatra

P marks no difference if, Iike me, you need to log back in every time I visit the forum and the advert comes up before I have got to the tiny log in button

Matt24k
    Free Member

P marks no difference if, Iike me, you need to log back in every time I visit the forum and the advert comes up before I have got to the tiny log in button

Have you tried to change your browser settings or tried with a different browser?

franksinatra

Android, ios, work pc, home pc, all the same problem

footflaps

Sounds like you’re blocking cookies…

franksinatra

I’m not blocking cookies. I auto log in to every other site, just STW that bumps me out every time. This issue has been covered in a few threads, I am not alone

bikebouy
    Free Member

You are not alone, happened again to me this morning…

It’s like, sooooo boring maaaan..

cchris2lou

No P and no adverts on the PC and phone ( BlackBerry Z10)

svladcjelli
    Free Member

On the topic of adverts but just not the quorn one, does anyone else find they can’t pause the Epic TV ad? Pressing pause only pauses it for a moment before it carries on playing.

redthunder
    Free Member

franksinatra

and because the ads slow down the site so much it takes an age to get logged in. I have fibre broadband and it just took me 2min 18secs (I timed it) from clicking on STW to getting to a log-in screen.

Not much of an advantage having a P when this is what I experience nearly every time, whatever device, whatever platform and whatever browser I use.

Stoner
    Free Member

Frank, to save us all from a cougarbrand huff, use
    http://singletrackworld.com/wp-login.php?redirect_to=/forum/

As your stw bookmark to skip the ads. It takes you to an advert free login page if your login session has gone south due to dicky site coding.

franksinatra

Good tip stoner, thanks. we all know that as STW rowers can’t replicate the issue, it doesn’t actually exist….

Cougar

Why is it, I’ve posted that workaround about 40 times now and been soundly ignored, Stoner posts it and it’s “good tip, thanks!” Miserable gitfaces the lot of you.

*goes to kick a puppy*

Cougar

does anyone else find they can’t pause the Epic TV ad

Disable autoplay.

In Chrome, go to chrome://settings/ , click show advanced settings, click content settings under privacy, then pick let me choose under Plug-ins.

Northwind

Cougar – Moderator

Why is it, I’ve posted that workaround about 40 times now and been soundly ignored, Stoner posts it and it’s “good tip, thanks!”

It’s because we hate you. I mean, we hate Stoner too, but less.

slackalice
    Free Member

Nice one stoner, thanks for that!

Respeck Cougar.

Cougar

It’s because we hate you. I mean, we hate Stoner too, but less.

Can’t really argue with that, I guess.

Stoner
    Free Member

There is a cosmic order

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I think as you’re a mod, and seen as part of the establishment. It comes off as ‘here’s a workaround for the problem we won’t fix’ when you say it. Whereas, from Stoner, it’s a user helping out a fellow user.

…or it’s just the hate thing.

Cheers Stoner!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The quorn on the backseat of my maserati’ is closed to new replies.