Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The Pursuit of Happiness…Yorkshire???
  • palmer77
    Free Member

I am moving to Yorkshire with my family this week to Strensall just north of York. I’m currently in flatish Bedfordshire so really keen to explore the trails and roads up north. Are there any suggestions on where to start?

boxelder
    el_boufador

North yorks moors is easily accessed from there. I don’t think there is much in the vale of york itself though I could be wrong.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

There’s some good road riding around Strensall, head over to flaxton and upto castle howard and there are a few loops you can do from there depending how far you ride.

It’s pretty flat though so for trails you are about 40 mins from dalby and the n. yorks moors.

el_boufador

Otherwise, dales, peaks, calderdale/pennines, Wolds all fairly easily accessed

ineedabeer
    Free Member

Your best bet near you is Dalby forest and the moors, your on the edge of the yorkshire wolds they aint so great. Venture west and the yorkshire dales are epic. Hook up with a local club thats the best bet for local knowledge.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Get in touch with Clifton Cycle Club. They look to be the most established and welcoming club around (recommended by a friend).

If you like exploring the Moors are great, but wherever you want to go it is probably a bit of a drive.

As said above road riding is good in the area, but be prepared for wind.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The Pursuit of Happiness…Yorkshire???’ is closed to new replies.