Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The Promise
  • Torminalis
    Free Member

Caught this last night at it looks like it is going to be excellent, don’t think Mrs was quite expecting quite such a kicking at the end of the weekend but neither of us could take our eyes off it.

Anyone else see it?

noteeth
    Free Member

Yes, excellent opener – though this is the same guy who made the outstanding Warriors for the BBC, so perhaps that shouldn’t be a surprise.

My grandfather (then a major in the RA) was in the middle of this particular clusterfug, so the noteeth clan were all glued to their respective idiot boxes.

hels
    Free Member

I have this recorded am very much looking forward to watching.

Was v interesting article in the Guardian (of course) last week, they used Israeli and Palestinian actors together and shot it in the real places (not the usual bits of Slovenia, the Balkans and downtown Vancouver that stand in for just about everywhere). This kind of thing not been done before. Some of the extras were ex-IDF.

Good to see a bit more emphasis in the role Britain played in 1947.

noteeth
    Free Member

Very good again, I thought – even if the modern storyline is rather clunky/coincidence heavy (albeit necessary for the plot).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Was it only the first episode last night then? I’ll catch it on 4OD then I reckon. I’d heard good reviews on the radio but thought I’d missed a few episodes.

noteeth
    Free Member

DD – second episode last night.

Ends on something of a cliffhanger…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Kewl – I’ll check it out later when mrs deadly finished watching whatever American shite she’s recorded 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘The Promise’ is closed to new replies.