Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)
  • The Prodigy – Invaders Must Die
  • the_lecht_rocks

Their best yet ? I’d say so.
    Title track is a ripper 👿

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not heard it all yet, only the one track, but they are gonna have to go some to beat Their Law or Diesel Power….

I take it the album’s out now?

Drac

Oh yeah was going to try that.

Getting it now. 😈

darrell
    Free Member

yawn

soma_rich
    Free Member

Its a stunning track. Been listening to their old stuff loads lately. Loving it. Need a bigger sounds system though…..

Drac

And done, time to listen.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I had forogtten that this was out now. Looks like that HMV voucher in my wallet might be disappearing this afternoon.

Drac

Ooh think I might play track 5 when at work. 😆

anagallis_arvensis

Poor mans PWEI

DezB
    Free Member

Poor mans PWEI

LOL! Where did you get that comparison??

anagallis_arvensis

OK poor mans Shamen!!!

Actually I saw them support the Shamen once

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Can anyone find it on a free download site? 8)

johni
    Free Member

I’d forgotten about this too. I was listening to the Dirt Chamber sessions on my way to work. Pure class.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

just bunged it on my ipod before gong out on a road ride. judgement will be reserved until I’ve seen if it makes me turn my lungs inside out like ‘Experience’ does

Drac

Can anyone find it on a free download site?

How else do you think it took me 2 mins to get.

enfht
    Free Member

I saw their first ever PA in ’91, they videod it for the Charly video.

Shandy
    Free Member

It is incredible! The sound system in the car is at ASBO levels, I should probably know better. Its probably not safe to ride bikes to, you’d only get carried away…

iDrew
    Free Member

Loving it, almost old skool Prodigy.

jonhi – agree about the Dirt Chamber sessions EP, Liam Howlett at his finest :mrgreen:

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Drac, What site do you use edonkey, limewire?

BoardinBob

The Prodigy 😆

It’s 2009 by the way 😉

Drac

Drac, What site do you use edonkey, limewire?

Neither best bet is to look around I won’t advertise on here.

retro83
    Free Member

Warrior Dance is my fave track so far. A nod to their early works with the vocals, but sounds so fresh.

0091paddy
    Free Member

The title track is horrible, sounds like Pendulum-esq garbage and nothing like The Prodigy of old.

Ive yet to hear any of the other tracks yet though…

chvck
    Free Member

Worth a look is it then? *Skips off to hunt down a copy*

shinsplints

Pendulum….The Prodigy called,they’d like their back catalogue back…

clubber
    Free Member

The new track is brilliant – had the car radio turned up like I was a 15 year old chav joy riding 🙂

shinsplints

Agree Clubber – its been a while since I turned a track up whilst driving along.Theres plenty I turn down though !!! 🙂

franki
    Free Member

Not been impressed with anything the Prodigy have done since the Jilted Generation album.

Not a fan of dance / rock fusion tbh. Stick to one or the other, eh lads? 😉

And yes the new single sounds like a Pendulum rip-off. Strange that, when they were seen as heavily Prodge influenced.

clubber
    Free Member

Out of interest – for the nay sayers, if a track isn’t original (in the sense that the latest one is very 90s prodigy so arguably isn’t original) is it a bad thing if it’s a brilliant track still?

This reminds me a bit of people who claim not to like ‘mainstream’ music as though something being popular somehow inherently affects its musical credentials?

BoardinBob

Out of interest – for the nay sayers, if a track isn’t original (in the sense that the latest one is very 90s prodigy so arguably isn’t original) is it a bad thing if it’s a brilliant track still?

This reminds me a bit of people who claim not to like ‘mainstream’ music as though something being popular somehow inherently affects its musical credentials?

Prodigy = Electronic music for people who don’t like electronic music.

They’re the equivalent of “dad rock”

chvck
    Free Member

If this sounds anything like anything by pendulum that isn’t pre-hold your colour then I shall not be happy!

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Poor mans PWEI

Err maybe because Clint Mansell of Pop Will Eat Itself fame and other members of PWEI collaborated on such well know tracks as Their Law and Voodoo People.

clubber
    Free Member

“Electronic music for people who don’t like electronic music”

That’s just such a load of b0llocks though isn’t it – that’s just because you like electronic music but not prodigy. I like electronic music too (and I’m not going to get into some music geek examination of my credentials) but I also like Prodigy. I daresay that I could find at least one example of an electronic group that you like that I don’t – Would that mean that I could fire the same accusation back?

BoardinBob

“That’s just such a load of b0llocks though isn’t it”

Commercial dance chart fodder rubbish. 8)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

And yes the new single sounds like a Pendulum rip-off. Strange that, when they were seen as heavily Prodge influenced.

I think you should take a long, hard look at the way you just contradicted yourself there, chap!

🙂

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

BLAH BLAH BLAH.

Stop getting so worked up the lot of yer, if you like the sound and it flicks your switch so be it.

Dirt Chamber sessions, mental nonsense but good.

No one send me a linky yet to a download site ? 😥

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

well, back from a 30 mile shops and back blast.

not a massive fan

definitely went faster when Jilted Generation was playing, it’s all a bit too happy pendulumy drum and bassy for me. where’s the darkness gone. did like ‘take me to the hospital’ though, not really appropriate for a road ride 😆

‘no good (start the dance)’ was fun through town, especially when a pensioner tried to kill me in his spacca wagon. he got a right mouthful, probably a little too much 😡

now what prodigy album for intervals in the gym tonight?

Drac

No one send me a linky yet to a download site ?

Try google.

DezB
    Free Member

i]Poor mans PWEI

Err maybe because Clint Mansell of Pop Will Eat Itself fame and other members of PWEI collaborated on such well know tracks as Their Law and Voodoo People

So. Band A contributes to band B’s early singles, that obviously makes Band B a “poor man’s” band A. Yeah ok mate.

ziggy
    Free Member

Just picked it up in Tesco on the way home, funny how music affects your driving style.
    Got home quicker than usual 😉

Early signs are it’s going to be played alot, but then I am a fan anyway.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘The Prodigy – Invaders Must Die’ is closed to new replies.