Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • the Press Regulation MP and the Dominatrix
  • kimbers

Does anyone actually believe that the Mail, Sun, Mirror, Indie etc sat on the story because they didnt think it was newsworthy? 🙄

jamj1974

No.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Good article by Byline, who broke the story, which much of the media has known about since at least 2014…

The Real Whittingdale Scandal: Cover up by the Press

Wonder what else they’re hiding?

footflaps

The Press must be gutted they’ve lost all leverage over him!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Small world at the top… Natalie Rowe, the source of the story:

also happens to be the same lady who knows Gideon from way back when he made a Charlie of himself:

Could this be another factor why the story has been held back?

jekkyl

Good to see standards in the tory party aren’t slipping.
    Who carries out a relationship with a sex worker?? well funny.

Harry_the_Spider

Someone with a lot of cash, probably resting off-shore.

wwaswas

My favourite bit is her claim that she ended the relationship after discovering he was an MP.

Edukator
    Free Member

A great read, Jive. However I would rather live in a world where what two consenting adults do to get their kicks behind closed doors had no impact on their professional lives.

konabunny
    Free Member

I don’t see the public interest in “man has a girlfriend”. I do see the public interest in him taking freebie trips from giant media companies and not declaring it.

Could this be another factor why the story has been held back?

No, because the BBC *still* doesn’t control all other media.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’m finding it a wee bit difficult to believe that the tabloid press didn’t believe that a politician having a relationship with a dominatrix sex worker wasn’t newsworthy, whilst they’re currently tripping up over themselves trying to get a super injunction overturned about a celebrity threesome…

Northwind

Edukator – Troll

However I would rather live in a world where what two consenting adults do to get their kicks behind closed doors had no impact on their professional lives.

Mmm. At heart, he’s done absolutely nothing wrong and I don’t see that it’s anyone else’s business. So I don’t see that the initial story should have ever been a story. Man has relationship with woman. So I start out feeling the same as you…

But, the subsequent story is about his professional life. Not sure what I feel about that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

One of those the real issue is whether the private life issues allowed the press to blackmail him ober Leveson and other regulation

He is free to do what he wants with consenting adults behind closed doors.

No one comes out of this well tbh.

I still feel we need some sort of privacy law as without the press holding this over him, and it possibly affecting his decisions, there is no actual story.

What Mrs Toast said

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

No, because the BBC *still* doesn’t control all other media.

Maybe you missed the bit about the Head of BBC News being Ex-Murdoch…

Here’s the Chairman of BAE Systems speaking at the same event, for shits and giggles:

Speaking of Murdoch, nice to know the whole Leveson thing didn’t damage his and Dave’s relationship:

Murdoch at the centre of power again as Cameron drops round for drinks

He once admitted to using Downing Street’s back door to celebrate the prime minister’s electoral victory, but on Monday night Rupert Murdoch was expected to welcome David Cameron through the front door of his home to a Christmas soiree for just a “few dozen” friends.

Four years after the phone hacking scandal, which rocked the media and political establishment, Cameron’s appearance at the party is understood to be his first meeting with Murdoch since his re-election in May. Proof that the head of News Corp is back at the centre of power in the UK.

The event at Murdoch’s London flat in St James’s is also set to reunite Cameron with Rebekah Brooks after the News UK chief executive was cleared of all phone hacking charges and three months after she returned to her old job, running Murdoch’s newspapers in the UK.

Since his re-election in May, Cameron has met the editors of Murdoch’s papers, the Times and the Sun, and has visited parties given by other media moguls – Lord Rothermere, the owner of the Daily Mail, and Evgeny Lebedev, whose father owns the Evening Standard and Independent titles.

Downing Street did not return calls asking for comment on Cameron’s evening plans but his expected appearance was confirmed by News Corp insiders: a decision to return to the Murdoch inner sanctum that is all the more remarkable given the embarrassment his proximity to the Murdoch empire caused him at the height of the hacking scandal.

Full details of the last Christmas party Cameron attended at the Oxfordshire home of Brooks in 2010 only emerged at the Leveson inquiry 18 months later, when the prime minister admitted to “briefly” discussing the company’s bid for the satellite broadcaster Sky as well as his frequent “country suppers” with Brooks and her husband.

Almost makes you feel sorry for Andy Coulson…

kimbers

wwaswas – Member
    My favourite bit is her claim that she ended the relationship after discovering he was an MP.

😆

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

without the press holding this over him, and it possibly affecting his decisions, there is no actual story.

How did he pay for the services of a prostitute?

Were any of the perks of his job as an MP used in relation to his time with her?

Are any other MPs using tax payer funded priviledges on such activity and if so, how many?

What is the total annual contribution by the populace to parliamentarians getting their kicks, legal or otherwise?

just5minutes
    Free Member

He met her on Match.com and then dated her until he got told she had been approaching newspapers trying to sell a kiss and tell story – at which point he ended it.

Unless she put “sex worker” on the occupation field of her Match.com profile AND used both her real name and her “professional” name there’s a good chance he wouldn’t have known.

Per usual this seems to be a pretty predictable example of “smear first, establish facts later”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Maybe you missed the bit about the Head of BBC News being Ex-Murdoch.

Maybe-actually you did- you missed the point that this fact does not prove your point.

How did he pay for the services of a prostitute?

It has yet to be established – has it even been claimed- that he was paying her.

kimbers

He met her on Match.com and then dated her until he got told she had been approaching newspapers trying to sell a kiss and tell story – at which point he ended it.

of course, that’s exactly how it happened 😉

binners

No coke involved?

Then Its only half a story.

Did he not know the rules?

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is interesting he dated someone and then failed to realise they were a dom and then ditched them when he did find out

Terrible judgment on so many levels 😉

footflaps

No coke involved?

The papers are keeping that one back so as to keep him onside…

MoreCashThanDash

Good point from binners – he’s only half the politician he could have been.

I’m not sure there is a story here. Man has private relationship with dominatrix – not clear if that was the extent of her “working relationship” with her other clients or not, but not all sex workers have sex with punters.

I’ve always wondered how come the editor of Tabloid A never ever discloses the private indiscretions of the editor of Tabloid B? Maybe they wouldn’t be so quick to ruin the lives and careers of politicians, sports stars and celebs if they were subject to the same level of scrutiny and gossip-whoring.

MoreCashThanDash

It is interesting he dated someone and then failed to realise they were a dom

If only she’d said something on their first date….. 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

He could learn a lot from the STW hive mind

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It has yet to be established – has it even been claimed- that he was paying her.

Straight from the original source…

bikebouy
    Free Member

Man has sex with Woman, Woman turns out to be a prostitute, Man continues to have sex with Woman.

Says more about him than her.

I’d say they make an excellent match… When’s the wedding?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Probably have a tidy income as a couple…

MoreCashThanDash

^^The brazen hussy!^^

binners

Theres a girl who knows her market 😆

mefty
    Free Member

The only slight flaw in the conspiracy theory is that his view on press regulation has been consistently the same and predates the relationship. Article from 2012

kimbers

from your article mefty

Whittingdale also said he wanted the government to press ahead with part two of the Leveson inquiry, which was designed to assess how alleged phone hacking on an “industrial scale” was allowed to take place at the News of the World.

so how did he get on with organising the 2nd levenson inquiry then?, I must have missed that

Junkyard
    Free Member

True but he may have changed his mind had they run the story

DO you think an other MP would have been so “protected” by the media?

Its one of those , of course there is no proof, but surely we can all see why this looks a little “dodgy/suspect/questionable”.

I also calls into question his judgement and possibly probity

Cheers JHJ for the link.

mefty
    Free Member

so how did he get on with organising the 2nd levenson inquiry then?, I must have missed that

Have all the criminal and civil proceedings been finalised? If not, it can’t take place – but I really doubt it will now as it is difficult to see what it can achieve post the criminal proceedings which found insufficient evidence to convict anyone up the chain other than Coulson.

Whittingale has found support from some unlikely sources, Roy Greenslade and David Aaronovitch.

MoreCashThanDash

Theres a girl who knows her market

If she had a face like a pig she could have gone all the way to the top.

Allegedly.

Stoner
    Free Member

You mean that Murdoch-right-wing-press-running-dog Nazi Roy Greenslade? Well of course he’ll defend him! Bastard was probably up to his eyes in Coke and Hookers too.

mefty
    Free Member

You mean that Murdoch-right-wing-press-running-dog Nazi Roy Greenslade?

That’s the one – and Aaronovitch is Chairman of the Trustees of that fascist neoliberal group, Index on Censorship.

kimbers

indeed, Politics makes for strange bedfellows, after all

just look at this lot

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Whittingdale has had quite an interesting career:

From 1982–84, Whittingdale was head of the political section of the Conservative Research Department. He then served as Special Adviser to three successive Secretaries of State for Trade and Industry, Norman Tebbit (1984–85); Leon Brittan (1985–86), and Paul Channon (1986–87). He worked on international privatisation at NM Rothschild in 1987 and in January 1988, became Political Secretary to Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. Upon her resignation Whittingdale was appointed OBE and continued to serve as her Political Secretary until being elected to Parliament in 1992.

You’d probably need to read this book to understand just why working for both the Department of Trade and Industry and NM Rothschild ring alarm bells:

In the Public Interest: A Devastating Account of the Thatcher Government’s Involvement in the Covert Arms Trade

That’s before you take into account what links Whittingdale’s Half Brother and Leon Brittan…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

On a more serious note, who paid for flights and accomodation?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘the Press Regulation MP and the Dominatrix’ is closed to new replies.