Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • The pre-weekend bickering thread. The perfect crisp butty?
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Mike Dean?

Mike ****ing Dean?!?!

Anyway…..drop your faux working class mock horror. The gherkin has a place in this debate. As does coleslaw.

Try it.

binners

There is only one place where a gherkin is acceptable, I’m afraid…

come on… this is schoolboy stuff!

Cougar

There is only one place where a gherkin is acceptable, I’m afraid…

khani
    Free Member

Warburtons toastie bread, butter, Walkers cheese and onion, squashed flat then folded over and dipped in Chinese curry sauce,
    Dirty..

tinybits
    Free Member

Hmmm,
    ‘moldable’ white sliced
    Lurpack butter
    Currently loving spicy sweet chilli , but walkers cheese and onion is the go to
    And after the press, pen again and re-top with additional crisps before press 2.

Oh, and only having had time for a flapjack today, that Big Mac is making my mouth water. Bring back the mid 90’s Mega Mac I say!

tinybits
    Free Member

Ooooh, just had a flashback to KP skips – brilliant butty material!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

come on… this is schoolboy stuff!

The only schoolboy stuff going on here is the fight behind the bike sheds we’re going to have over your anti-gherkin stance.

slowoldman

I can (and do) eat gherkins straight out of the jar, but I wouldn’t stick ’em on a crisp butty.

ThePinkster

A bit left field this one, but…

Cheap white bread, loads of butter and these –

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I can (and do) eat gherkins straight out of the jar, but I wouldn’t stick ’em on a crisp butty.

Then, you sir, are missing out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I like this thread. Eases identification of hoi polloi.

*Makes list*

bigblackshed

Mouldable bread, heart attack amounts of butter, then cheap supermarket crisps. Ready salted, salt and vinegar, or cheese and onion. The sort that have far too much salt or other chemical flavourings that make your mouth shrivel on eating.

Anything else is just a distraction from the purity of the crisp butty.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Granary bread, butter, Wensley Dale or Lancashire cheese and just a hint of Strawberry jam. Forget the crisps.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Granary bread, butter, Wensley Dale or Lancashire cheese and just a hint of Strawberry jam. Forget the crisps.

…and to think. You thought gherkins were bad, Binners.

mogrim

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    I like this thread. Eases identification of hoi polloi.

The hoi polloi, please. This is not the 17th century.

On topic: might have to experiment with the local Lidl cheese rolls, they’re already pretty close to crack and the addition of crips should just push them over the edge…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hoi = the.

mogrim

Hoi = the.

“Hoi polloi”, fixed phrase in modern English so it uses an article. Unless you would also drop the article from words like “alchemy”, too?

[Adds CFH to the same list as people who don’t know how to use they’re/there/their etc]

ourmaninthenorth

Leaving the plebs aside, I’m pleased to confirm crisp sandwiches are definitely A Northern Thing(TM).

I’ve even tried it (when in Rome Wigan). I can confirm the necessary ingredients are:

White bread (from Booths – I have retained some standards!)
    Lightly salted Kettle crisps
    Strong cheddar cheese (from Booths, natch)
    Lightly smoked ham (from…oh you know by now)

Pretty much covers all the processed/beige food bases required for a light lunchtime snack….

mogrim

I’m pleased to confirm crisp sandwiches are definitely A Northern Thing(TM)

You’re wrong, though. We definitely used to make them in London in the 70s.

Viewing 19 posts - 81 through 99 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘The pre-weekend bickering thread. The perfect crisp butty?’ is closed to new replies.