Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The post office lost my jacket, compensation process?
  • Slacks
    Free Member

The royal mail have lost my Endura Venturi 2 jacket I sent recorded delivery. They have told me to fill out a claim for loss.

Has anyone any experience of this process. Will I end up forking out for another jacket?

29erKeith
    Free Member

I had a pair of motorbike boots I sold on EBay 'Lost' by RM years ago.
    I claimed for value I sold them for and refunded the buyer.

an annoyance but I (and buyer) wasn't left out of pocket.
    so can't grumble too much tbh

bigdonx
    Free Member

If you've only sent it recorded you'll only get £39 or there abouts (100 times the cost of a first class stamp or something random like that), if used Special Delivery you should get the lot. I think.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Takes ages, just keep phoneing/writing/threatening legal action and eventualyy they will send a letter claiming it wasnt packaged properly.

Dispute this and about 18 months later follow it up with a letter to the MD/CEO threatening legal action and finlay you'll see some money, not because theyr admiting fault, but as a 'good will jesture'.

bigdonx
    Free Member

I should qualify the above by saying that £39 is the compensation I recieved after the clown of a postie decided to leave my brand new RS Revs in the wheelie bin the day before it got emptied!!
    But on the brighter side, it only took them about 6 weeks to pay up my £39. I was sooooo pleased with the efficient service!

Slacks
    Free Member

Oh dear I think I'm going to be out of pocket.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The post office lost my jacket, compensation process?’ is closed to new replies.