Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • The Oscars furoure.
  • konabunny
    Free Member

They earn plenty from their trade…and then people get all uppity about who is and isn’t included.

I mean, where do these beastly people get the idea that racism is real?

http://www.thewire.com/politics/2011/11/yep-uppity-racist/45321/

Junkyard
    Free Member

while I’m sure all three put in excellent performances, are those performances good enough to earn an Oscar nomination, and are any of those films going to get nominated for anything other than in minor categories

Well either they are all poor – and the golden globes got it wrong where some of them are nominated- or the Oscars dont recognise Black talent.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Denzel has certainly caught the Oscars eye a few times. Does that mean they are more racist now than previously?

And there are awards for actors etc of colour. The Black Reel awards.

Which is so racist it’s scary. But it’s racist the right way, so that’s alright.

zanelad
    Free Member

Well it’s very difficult to say for a start.

Not for Jonathon Ross 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

@Junkyard. That happend as actors of colour never go a lookin regarding film and theater work.

To all the ones who think it is a lot of fuss over nothing.

[video]https://youtu.be/_TcQLjHJRBY?t=2m4s[/video]

chrismac

Given that the only point of the Oscars is to drum up pr and sell more seats at the box office then there has to be scandal of some kind every year to keep people interested. It’s as important as the silly frocks and barely decent dresses on awards night.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

@mrsfry – it seems oriental actors are stereotyped into chop socky stooges for black american actors. Which is quite demoralising for those that want to get into hollywood.

Its a shame people dont realise the wider picture extends beyond just black and white. Unfortunately there seems to be only one group that is racially prejudiced in the western world.

Jada warming up as a very powerful presidential candidate I see

mrsfry
    Free Member

@ cheekymonkey888

I don’t watch dumb films that sterotype. Bolloywood and Oriental films have had a fair amount of sterotyping of black actors as well as western TV doing it to all none major demographic (in there terms) races.

I don’t make films or sponser films. I posted the video as it points out that it is not just one race that gets snubbed by the oscars (hence missing out the first part of the video).

My taste in movies is universal regardless if they have subtitles, dubbed or not dubbed.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘The Oscars furoure.’ is closed to new replies.