Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)
  • The one bike you'll never sell?
  • Bazz

In all honesty I don’t think I will ever sell any of my bikes, fact is not one of them is probably worth more than a couple of hundred quid so it simply not worth it. If I were to get a new bike at some point I may give one away to friend.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Well never is a long time but …
    I’m pretty attached to my 26″ Stanton Slackline Ti. You could full on offer me the price of the new 650 version + a new set of wheels and I wouldn’t sell it you.

lawman91

My kinesis Xc120 frame, worth **** all and just have so many good memories with that bike, frame is ready to one day hang in the man cave. Wish I’d kept my Mojo HD frame for the same reason 🙁

Daffy

roverpig

Probably my 2013 Five. Partly because it’s still fun to ride, partly because I love the neon orange colour, but mostly because it’s a 26″ bike, so worth naff all anyway.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

My Litespeed Firenze. Many miles on this..

wicki
    Free Member

let me preface this with I am not a planet X fan and would not recommend them to any one.

But I love my Inbred and its the only one that I never contemplate selling I buy new stuff but keep coming back to the old Inbred.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Never sell? I’ve not sold any of them 🙂 They either get dismantled and recycled (pun intended) into new bikes, they emigrate to new homes (my 25 year old Hard Rock lives at the in-law’s in Spain), they get nicked or they sit in the shed gathering dust with the other bikes. That aside, I’ve never had a bike that I loved so much I could never contemplate getting rid of. There’s always a better bike around the corner…

TiRed

Probably my Dawes Toucan kiddyback tandem. By the time the nieces and nephews have outgrown it, the grandchildren might be riding it! It survived the great cull of 2007#, after which I became a lot less sentimental about bikes!

#Seven stolen in one go. I miss my Merlin Cyrene 🙁

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

After my last selling experience, i’m never selling another one.

Just strip and store.

And donate to any needy causes if the opportunity arises.

shortcut

I would say I am unlikely to sell either of my Spesh Camber or my Pivot 429 not so much on the grounds they are great bikes but on the grounds they have both done taken me safely through BC Bike Race and will therefore one day sit proudly on the wall of the garage looking a little battle scarred but still loved if dusty.

letmetalktomark

99 Caldera owned since December 1998.

Currently a frame only:

anagallis_arvensis

97 Kona Lava Dome

Me too. But I think mine must be a 98 if yours is a 97… I’m not sure now!! Bought it from Keswick Mountain Bikes. Love it, had some great times on it and it saw me through some bad times. How can people sell their bikes?

Yeah, that’s a ’98 ^^

papercutout
    Free Member

My Planet X Jack Flash – it’s worth jack to anyone but myself. Ironically, it’s a jump bike, but I’m rubbish (and always have been) at jump. I DID smash out Cannock’s Monkey trail on it a while ago, me on a 26″ wheeled, 14″ framed, 15 y/o jump bike faster up all of the climbs than my friends on £3k+’s worth of full susser, and barely slower on the descents. It also still has my 15 y/o Tioga DH Fat66 tyres fitted!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My old (ish) CAAD4 road bike.

Now with a carbon/gel SLR flow saddle.

It’s 12 years old now, but having ridden newer carbon bikes there just isn’t the level of improvement you’d expect there to have been, it just does what’s expected of it.

Like the second post though, my trailstar is sadly missed, and my original 456 was a blast but had too much overlap with the Pitch, which I miss, but not in an irreplaceable way, it was always just a tool, albeit a very good one.

kiwijohn

I’ll keep riding this until I can’t replace swingarms any more. Then it’ll go on the wall.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

My other half’s first hardtail, unless I can get a quick buyer and sneak it out the loft.

kayla1
    Free Member

This one-

Steel 2011 Sunn Tzar. There’s nowt wrong with it so there’s no reason to buy anything else. The frame’ll be hung on a wall if/when it dies.

Superficial
    Free Member

Probably my Genesis Croix de Fer. Not because it’s particularly special or has sentimental value, just that its so great and utilitarian that there’s no point. Race bikes and mountain bikes will all come and go as technology / budgets progress, but I can’t see a situation where I’d ever need to exchange that.

There are some great stories in here, but others that I’m very unconvinced about. A Nomad? Prove me wrong in 5 years time.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Love of trailstar is strong. Mines is in the skip head tube parted company.

pictonroad

I don’t want to and I never thought I would, but my 97 Zaskar owned from new and ridden and raced with so much affection may have to go.

The cash will be used to finish building up a bike for my lad so it’s bitter sweet.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

1994 ibis ti mojo – my mistress, my lover, my friend, my counsellor, my alcohol.

letmetalktomark

1994 ibis ti mojo – my mistress, my lover, my friend, my counsellor, my alcohol……

my word thats a long stem 😯 😆

kiwijohn

1994 ibis ti mojo – my mistress, my lover, my friend, my counsellor, my alcohol.

My god that’s a long stem.
    Edit, beaten by 12 seconds.

nim

Stanton Slackline.

The frame was a gift from the Mrs. Could’t care less that it’s a 26’er and out of date.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

perfect for a balanced ride, its built in 1994 and its geometry works perfectly with the matching ti stem and ti forks. Trust me, she’s been my mistress longer than any of the other women in my life. 🙂

tazzymtb

Jones spaceframe. others would be difficult to let go, but the jones could only go, it if was replaced bu another pimpier Jeff.

amedias
    Free Member

Both my Bontragers, one MTB, one Road, never ever selling either of them, both still get ridden.

I doubt I’ll ever sell my BTR either, mostly because it was built as a one of custom jobbie specifically to suit my weird proportions and riding, it was a bit of a personal project and will probably stay with me for as long as I can keep it going.

ds3000
    Free Member

ti_pin_man – that’s a beut.

letmetalktomark

perfect for a balanced ride, its built in 1994 and its geometry works perfectly with the matching ti stem and ti forks. Trust me, she’s been my mistress longer than any of the other women in my life.[/quote]

I’m only jesting – I’ve a 94 Clark Kent that has a 140mm ti stem and bars – noodley is the best way to describe it 😆

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

spooky, I also have a 94/95 Clark Kent that actually has a ti Clark Kent stem fitted and its a lovely stem.

letmetalktomark

Ah, mine is a steel frame.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

seanthesheap
    Free Member

My steel spaceframe is the closest I’ve come to a bike i would never sell, however i may be getting rid of it to fund a new bike i have in mind, so i guess no bike is immune from getting the chop from my collection.

MrOvershoot

ti_pin_man – Member
    perfect for a balanced ride, its built in 1994 and its geometry works perfectly with the matching ti stem and ti forks. Trust me, she’s been my mistress longer than any of the other women in my life.

Joe your not doing my guilt any good when I ended your night ride at the Marin Trail when I forgot to do up the lock-ring on your Royce BB.

Go on show them your Ibis Bow Ti 🙂

the-muffin-man

This one – original Ti Inbred…

Speeder

Think I’ll keep hold of my Keewee ChromoEight for a bit longer – it’s not really worth anything but it’s only a set of bars, a seat and pedals away from being Morzinable again. This is what it looked like before it got robbed of a few bits for my “Enduro” build.

The frrame and fork aren’t really worth anything but the frame has some sentimental value and the forks have a new stantion – it’s hardly worth getting rid of considering the small amount of space it takes up on the wall.

Hmmm what would it be like with a narrow/wide ring, a clutch mech, an angleset, some offset bushes and a set of Flow EXs . . . . . . ? ? ? ? ?. 😆

takisawa2

[url=https://flic.kr/p/L8DMQf]Cromer[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Lionheart
    Free Member

Umm, I’ve only sold a few, so it seems most are being kept. Can’t imagine I’d ever sell my: Brian Rouke I built up in 78-79, Stumpy mk2 1987- now a touring bike and my everyday road bike, Merlin Fatti – my special bike, Cotic Soul – my third so feel I ought to hang on to this one, Blur 4x – just a full on lark. There are a few others… : | So I suppose some could go… Maybe….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘The one bike you'll never sell?’ is closed to new replies.