Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • The one bike you'll never sell?
  • slugrider
    Free Member

I built a devinci atlas carbon about 18 months ago and I’m forced to believe it will never leave my stable as it does everything. Perfectly.

What bike will never leave you?

colournoise

I struggle to get rid of any of them, but I think my 2001 Trailstar will always be with me.

chorlton
    Free Member

My Soul.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

All will depart at some point, no point in unbidden bikes.

Northwind

My Hemlock’s frame’s hung up in the garage. In theory it’s my spare frame but I’m selling off my 29er bits so eventually it’ll just be a souvenier.

tjagain

My old roadbike. Owned since the early 80s. Probably of 60s vintage. Beautifully made frame with french bb / 531 tubing. Toured on it, set it up for offroad and ridden it lots ofroad. Now in hipsterfixietwat mode ( actually singlespeed) with bullhorns. Worth nothing but of sentimental value and still nice to ride

tomhoward

Never say never, but it will have to be a damn chilly day in hell before my Nomad is sold, and full on frozen over before the 5010 goes.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

My Kobe Ti or my Morning Glory.

turbo1397
    Free Member

My Tallboy Ltc….

Merlot
    Free Member

My 1994 s works m2.

So much liquid metal in the bottom bracket, head tube and rear dropouts holding it together that no one would want to buy it…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

No such thing, they’re all just a consumable.

ernie

Klien adroit. Brought it second hand in 2000 (in practically un used condition). It was my dream bike when i first started riding in 1992/3. Ive ridden it hard, winning races, epic sunday rides, etc. Its now hung up on the wall and i never plan to sell it.

vondally
    Free Member

All will depart at some point, no point in unbidden bikes.

Agreed,………..but I miss some…..litespeed Kitsuma especially

mattbee

My 1992 Klein Fervour. It’s wrapped in blankets in the attic at the moment, I keep meaning to get it out and rebuilt but it’s so lovely I don’t want to break it.

bob_summers

Because I don’t want to, or because I can’t?!

Don’t want to – first ‘proper’ road bike (steel Colnago from ’96), Pegoretti from ’08.
    Can’t – various 26″ mtbs not worth anything.

tomhoward

No such thing, they’re all just a consumable

That played a significant part in some very significant memories, and are a physical reminder of said memories.

Yetiman
    Free Member

My Ragley Bigwig, which belonged to a mate who passed away 2 years ago.

weeksy

Can’t imagine a world where i’d keep a bike… just crazy… as you change/move priorites/riding, then the bikes you want/need often change too.

fisha
    Free Member

My Klein q pro

warpcow
    Free Member

As long as I can still ride I’ll never get rid of my Evil Sovereign.

bencooper
    Free Member

I keep a couple – basically because I still like riding them, don’t see any reason to upgrade. An original Tinbred singlespeed, and a Tomac Revolver Ti.

Andy-R

My 1988 Explosif

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah my stuff went as I moved countries, sentimental value goes and space became a premium. They are only bits of metal, went on to other homes or the great recycler. Should probably have kept the fron end from my )4 S-Works Enduro and dome something arty with it though.

Can’t – various 26″ mtbs not worth anything.

Cycle Recycle in Hebden were more than happy with the donations and it does make me feel happy that something good will have come out of a big pile of stuff that would never have been ridden by me again.

Kato

1998 Kula, Don’t ride it, can’t sell it

oliverracing

This

But to be honest I not sure I could sell it if I wanted to! 🙄

onandon
    Free Member

Any bike can be shifter, however my 2012 scalpel is awesome and not worth anywhere near the money to make selling it worthwhile.
    I have a Dahon folding bike which I did 136 mile on around lake Geneva. That has some sentimental value but I’d move it if I needed the cash or space.

Bregante

My Road Logic. I’ll not rule out getting another lightweight carbon road bike to run alongside it but I lusted after one for so long before I got it that I couldn’t bring myself to part with it. Definitely a keeper.

schmiken

You could always sell it as firelighters Oli….

P20

I did try and sell my Ritchey P20, the wife said don’t, my best mate said don’t, you lot on here said don’t. I’ve still got it!

twisty

I’ve recently been contemplating selling my Xizang to get something more modern but people keep telling me don’t.

It’s the first time I’ve considered selling a bike since ever, I just tend to buy a bike just replace parts as they wear out/break rather than thinking about selling and replacing it.

MoreCashThanDash

Mk1 Soul. Now on it’s third incarnation, pain to get retro forks and wheels this time, but still just looks and feels right.

tonyg2003

My 1994 653 road frame (Dave Yates build and C. record). Did lots of races on that frame. Goes out for occasional cafe rides and hangs up mostly in my home office. Also 1991 Orange Aluimium O. First proper MTB (£1200 back then, rigid, Suntour XC pro). Ridden occasionally to the pub. Neither worth very much except sentimentally.

cokie

Stooge! I would only sell it for another Stooge or Ti Stooge.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Can we get this thread to pop back up yearly to see who was right 😉

5thElefant
    Free Member

All of them. They end up in the back of the shed.

maccruiskeen

Never sold one. You don’t have to keep buying them.

’97 Kona Lava Dome

It’s my pub bike now – can’t see any reason I’d ever sell it

The S-Works Enduro in the middle will probably not be sold either. I don’t need/ride it now I have the Capra, but I’d never get anything like what I’d want for it, so the bits will probably go on a Shan, or a Stanton for winter and the frame will get hung in the shed…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/HLjkXP]2016-06-05_08-25-24[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

trail_rat
    Free Member

my TD-1

It was very limited scope on paper when i bought it , it was bought for a purpose – ive never used it for that purpose but it keep revealing its self that despite being “limited” on paper its such a versatile bike !

mrhoppy

The next one. Honest.

VanHalen

my sunn bmix. i sold one and them promptly bought another as i realised i was silly for selling the first. i dont use it much (at all really) but its ace.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘The one bike you'll never sell?’ is closed to new replies.