Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • the on one jobsworth pro wheel truing unit on special…great deal or not?
  • kaiser
    Free Member

this one
    straightened many wheels but never built so considering a stand ..just wondered if those in the know think it’s a good deal or shall i build the wheelpro ?
    thanks
    Bill

xiphon
    Free Member

I’ve straightened (and built) many wheels over the years using the frame, pencil and rubber band for tuning.

Then Father Xmas bought me a nice Park Tools one a few years ago. I don’t know how I survived beforehand…

cultsdave
    Free Member

The link is not working for me (might be my work computer settings)
    I have the Jobs worth truing stand and I think it is a brilliant solid bit of kit. Looks like a rip off of the park stand. I think it cost me around £70 which is cheap for how good it feels.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Here. 70 quid.

wwaswas

I have one and really like it.

I tend to only use the gauges as, errm, gauges during the last part of a build – I just use them as pointers up to that point and keep them just off the rim to give a reference point to work to.

It’s satisfying when the biggest deflection is the pointer on the gauge going over the sticker on the rim.

akira

Any idea what size hubs it’ll take. 170mm hopefully.

Rubber_Buccaneer

I bought one of these when they were going for £50. Good for the money but by the time I’d added some little park adaptors it didn’t go wide enough to take a 142X12. Soon sorted with an angle grinder or I could have managed without the adaptors but a slight PITA regardless.

wwaswas

170mm hopefully.

yep – I built some fat wheels on mine.

You need to unbolt the right hand bit of the stand that’s held on with four bolts, move it futher right and reattach with just two. Didn’t affect stiffness of the upright or anything.

You’ll need a pair of these if you’re doing anything with a through axle as the stand is designed around a QR axle.

Park Tool TS-2TA Thru Axle Adaptor

akira

Nope just standard qr fat hubs, excellent need to build at least four wheels this year so this looks like decent investment

easygirl

Does this hold the wheel as well, can’t tell from the picture?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘the on one jobsworth pro wheel truing unit on special…great deal or not?’ is closed to new replies.