Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • The Olympics Effect – who's exercising?
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

Is the Olympics helping you get your mojo back Tricky?

nope.. not really. I did get beaten by club mate last night which shocked me a bit. I was over 2 minutes quicker than him last year. I was riding home mumbling to myself how i could get back my fitness and how to motivate me

Last year I was motivated because it was all new to me and i was doing pretty well with only 5 months training.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How’d you get on Ro5ey?

Tricky I can give you tough love on here if you like?

trickydisco
    Free Member

tough love is good 🙂 how about a ride where you kick mr arse. I don’t like losing

is this the molgrips toughlove™ 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yes it is. Although seemingly it doesn’t always work?

I reckon you might just kick my arse.. but I’m game.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i bet you say that to all the boys

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

To some I say I’m on the game, ain’t no such thing as a free lunch and all that. Fancy a bun?

stever
    Free Member

I did get beaten by club mate last night which shocked me a bit. I was over 2 minutes quicker than him last year.

Ego blow isn’t it? Same thing happened to me over winter cross country. Getting beaten by considerably slower people finally caused me to admit to the chest infection I’d been ignoring. Not the more obvious evidence in the sink every morning and the month-long barking cough 🙂

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

tricky, that’s not good. I’m hoping that won’t happen to me next year…i’m very motivated by my progress this year, but equally worried that if i get to cat 2 in my 1st season then it’ll be much harder next year and i won’t see as many improvements/good placings! why did you find the racing boring out of interest?

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Not bad… 5:14 (35odd swim, 2.50something bike and a lazy 1.42run) and 43 outta 117

There were “surprise” road works 5 mins into the bike. When I got to the stop/go lolly pop man there was one other lady already there… when the guy turn the lolly pop board to Go (5mins later) there must have been 20 odd waiting… Grrr.

woffle
    Free Member

Still plugging away, olympics or no olympics. I train in London during the week and mercifully the gym has been much quieter this week as lots of people have been told to work from home / have gone on holiday.

Happy to bore you with program / workouts if you want.

About to sign up for the Spartan Beast race (it’s in Nov). Gives me another 100 days or so to get properly fit…

trickydisco
    Free Member

why did you find the racing boring out of interest?

Was doing races on my own (without any club mates) fed up of negative racing, everyone riding around in a bunch until the last lap, Nobody willing to chase down breaks (in 3 races i came to the front in the last lap to help pull in a visible break in that had formed and absolutely no one willing to come through and work)

I just can’t understand people turning up to races to finish in the bunch every week (this is particularly true for crit races here. every single one finishes in a bunch and the guys that win aren’t active in the race)

I also paid for a coach last year which saw big gains in a short space of time.

CountZero

You are kidding, right?

trickydisco
    Free Member

which bit do you think i’m kidding about? 😕

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘The Olympics Effect – who's exercising?’ is closed to new replies.