• This topic has 60 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Bez.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • The Official F1 British Grand Prix thread! (With possible spoilers and that)
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well here we go then, only 45 minutes to the start. Hoping for a good one, lots of action, bit of rain to spice things up maybe, couple of (non-harmful) crashes, that sort of thing. Or will it be a boring procession?

Like the bit with Jake, David and Eddie on the what do you call them, Triandems?

Andy predictions?

j_me
    Free Member

Andy predictions?

di resta to crash out before lap 10

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh, spitting according to Brundle out on the track…

Why’s that band drummer got a dead tiger draped over him? Not ver environmentall sound that, sis it? 😕

Oh here’s Harry Hewitt….

compositepro
    Free Member

id love to see ecclestone get run over…..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

First few laps could be good, if there’s half the track wet and the other half dry. Could be just what Lewis needs to get a few places back, and of course Jensonbutton is brilliant in ‘intermediate’ conditions.

I think it’s possible there may be the odd spin or two…

bruneep

Any luck on a live stream for my iPad?

billybob
    Free Member

iplayer?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Surely your Och AyePad will work in Aberdeen, Bruneep?

We’ll give you live updates.

myheadsashed

Buttons going very slow in conditions he excels in? Problem already 😕

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

How awesome is that camera on the zip wire!?!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah love it – it’s like a computer game as that angle is shown

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What a move!!!!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What a race!

nickname
    Free Member

An incredible race, go Macca!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

BEST CIRCUIT IN THE WORLD!

bruneep

Hmm I’m sure it’s a sh1 te race, away for a swim then breakfast

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

This race needs Falonso, Hammo or Jensonbutton to win it; sod the Red Bulls. Webber to catch then try to pass Vettel, takes them both off…..

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah it is bruneep – nothing to see, get yourself off for a swim.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Alonso takes 1st place! Hammo in 2nd!!! Red Bulls 3rd and 4th!!!!!
    😀

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

There you go elfin – got that sorted for you 😉

j_me
    Free Member

Ring ding ding ding ding ding ding doh!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Can’t see hamilton keeping second

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Mental! Alonso proper on it now, good to see. We need Alonso, Hammo and Jensonbutton to start winning some races to make the DWC interesting again.

Hammo looking vulnerable to Vettel though. Hope he can stay in front. Let Jensonbutton catch up and we could have a proper barnstormer of a race on….

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Vettel still not overly impressive when it gets a bit racy. Was it Spain where he said he enjoyed the race as it was him against the clock with no other cars involved?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Balls. Jensonbutton out. 🙁

Hammo down to 4th 3rd.

All going wrong for McLaren.

Hadge
    Free Member

Hammo won’t keep 3rd as he’s in fuel saving mode. Looks like Alonso 1st, Vettel 2nd and Webber 3rd.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And now here comes Massa. Much, much faster. Lewis is not a happy bunny.

C’mon Markwebber; have Vettel. The less points Vettel gets the better…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What a finish!! Heart pumping here!

timber

Webber could’ve had him, easy. Team orders = guff.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

ALONSO!!!!!!! GET IN!!!!!

Woohoo! What an exciting finish!

Hammo and Massa contact; be interesting to see what the stewards have to say about that one! Whad’you reckon??

Team orders from Red Bull. 🙂

Hadge
    Free Member

Didn’t like Red Bull telling Webber maintain the gap – should have let them race especially as Vettel is so far ahead in the Championship. Hope Hamilton doesn’t get a penalty for the last few corners action either.

Edric64
    Free Member

Yawn what time are the motorbikes on?

Pook

Yawn what time are the dull people going to get bored of logging on to an f1 threadri just to criticise it? You must lead a bitter little antagonistic life.

Cracking race

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I think redbull are due a hefty fine for telling weber to hold off

retro83
    Free Member

Hadge – Member

Didn’t like Red Bull telling Webber maintain the gap – should have let them race especially as Vettel is so far ahead in the Championship. Hope Hamilton doesn’t get a penalty for the last few corners action either.

Totally agreed, this interview ain’t helping their cause! Good to see Ted getting in some tricky questions

Pook

Tfm, team orders are allowed

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ooh, interesting slow-mo of the Hammo-Massa incident; Massa has the corner, more or less, Hammo locks up and is sliding into the corner, then flicks the steering wheel presumably to correct the slide, but this then takes him further into Massa. Question is, was that an avoidable incident? Hammo just saying he was ‘struggling massively’, so could the Stewards deem that he should have made attempts to prevent a collision?

Heh! He’s joking about the ‘platinum card’, but with his record, he doesn’t need to antagonise the stewards!

Brilliant action though.

Major disaster for McLaren with Button’s pit. Nuts. 🙁

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Oh yeah, forgot about that pook. ferrari change the rules so often, it’s hard to keep up!

Still out out order though

retro83
    Free Member

TheFunkyMonkey – Member

Oh yeah, forgot about that pook. ferrari change the rules so often, it’s hard to keep up!

Still out out order though

To be honest I can understand it, but for Red Bull to do so smacks of hypocrisy:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/sportvideo/formulaonevideo/8193967/Red-Bull-no-team-orders-in-2011.html

After this and the comment last week from CH about not having/wanting to have two world class drivers in his team, I bet Webber is fuming. Not sure where he can go from here though. Developmental role at a smaller team maybe.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but in truth, Vettel is simply a better driver. By some way. Same with Alonso/Massa and when Kovalaainen was at McLaren with Hammo.

If I were Webber I’d either stay at RB and hope to win the odd race or two, or move to Sportscars or something.

Either way, he has to accept the truth, and that is that Vettel is the better driver.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘The Official F1 British Grand Prix thread! (With possible spoilers and that)’ is closed to new replies.