Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The new style Crud Raceguard that you don’t need to take out the seatpost to fit
  • jamieandangela
    Free Member

A wee problem……..went to take the above off the wife’s bike tonight and the locking side is spinning when I try to turn the allen key on the opposite side……how do I sort this without wrecking the thing?

This is the new model that is supposed to come off and on with no problem without removing the seat pin.

coatesy
    Free Member

seen it happen too, but not had to fix it. I’d suggest taking the post out and clamping the plastic around the nut in a vice to see if it’ll grip enough for you to undo it.

FuzzyWuzzy

It’s simply a crap design – as above you can probably free it if you can clamp the small round raised bit of metal on the other side to the allen key. I didn’t bother trying though as I didn’t want the hassle each time so bought a cycraguard to replace it. Thanks for inventing a one use mud guard, so much for all your wonderful CAD design work to make the nice flap shape…

I still can’t believe it got released onto the market as it is – the metal is anchored by tiny plastic ribs. I mean wtf do they think is going to happen when people tighten it up? The fact it got recommended by some of the mags just screams fanbois to me :p

psychle
    Free Member

Only happens if you overtighten it… early models went out without a thick enough subber shim for 27.2mm seatposts and that’s what caused the problem (I had it happen to me as well).

Just get in touch with them via their website contact us page and they’ll send you a new bracket and shim straight away (at least that’s what Mr Crud did for me). Mine’s fine now…

Driller
    Free Member

It’s true, they managed to take the very best rear mud-guard design and completely ruin it. I never had an issue with the previous two-bolt clamp design.

I certainly didn’t over-tighten mine, the retained circular nut started spinning round in the bracket before I could get it tight enough to stay in place, on a nice thick seat post too. Clamping the plastic either side of the nut with a pair of mole grips works, but shreds the plastic in the process.

Buy some of the old design while they’re still around.

JoB
    Free Member

i’ve taken mine off and on several seatposts without issue, as mentioned, speak to Mr Crud and they’ll send you new gubbins

clubber
    Free Member
    MisterCrud
    Free Member

Yes JamieandAngela, we had a few probs with the first batch, but we have sorted out the tolerances and will replace anyone’s arm by return first class if they have a problem. Just visit the website.
    The new ’09 design is about half the weight of the old one. I think it looks a lot better too. loads lighter than any of the competition. You pay hundreds to save a few grams on yr frame, so we figured you’d like the lightest mudguard possible.
    Anyone with any probs, get in touch via the website and I will sort you out.
    Cheers, “Mr CRUD” http://www.crudproducts.com

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The new style Crud Raceguard that you don’t need to take out the seatpost to fit’ is closed to new replies.