• This topic has 64 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by wl.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • The new Patriot…anyone got one yet?
  • flowmtbguy
    Free Member

quick work Mr Yeti! whereabouts did the crack appear – just so I keep an eye out

too slow.

5lab

I was wrong on the blood…

They’re £995 🙂

http://www.allterraincycles.co.uk/product/122142.html

Northwind

I think if I see one more person say it’s just the same as the old one I’m going to lose it. Hey, my C456 is basically just 3 triangles so it’s the same as my 1991 Carrera.

tangent
    Free Member

A Bloody Bargin!…glad Organe are keeping it in the range tho’

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Anyway, I don’t get what all the fuss is about… it’s just same as the old one really, isn’t it?

grantway
    Free Member

Good to see these back out on the trails again.
    Surprised when Barns on a video weighs it in just over 32lbs about
    the same weight has the Alpine 160 ?

Joe Barns Video

weejase40
    Free Member

Can i ask why Orange owners seem to come in for stick on this forum?
    I’ve noticed in a few threads Orange owners seem to be singled out for abuse i have only seen given to BMW drivers.

Blower
    Free Member

weejase40 – Member

I’ve noticed in a few threads Orange owners seem to be singled out for abuse i have only seen given to BMW drivers.

there’s alot of Orange owners on here so dunno if thats the case.

molgrips
    Free Member

My Patriot weighs 30.5lbs and goes up hill nicely 🙂

I wasn’t complaining that it was the same as the old one – I was just asking if it anyone knew of the differences… Personally I’m chuffed to bits that they started making them again, I was upset when they stopped.

I reckon there are very few other bikes like it.

laggingbehindagain
    Free Member

Speaking to the guys from Orange, the new Patriot is almost the same as the 2008 model, just larger headtube and some minor tweeks. Glad, cos I have a 2008 Patriot. 😆

Anyone thinking of getting a 2011 Patriot, might want to consider a second hand 2008 model and save a few grand….

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Don’t know & don’t give a monkeys. My 5 is awesome as far as I’m concerned & everyone is welcome to their opinion.

Brycey
    Free Member

I’m operating under a pseudonym…

PS Is that not a Patriot JB’s riding on Ben A’an, not a Five.

weejase40
    Free Member

My god you must get abuse, BMW driving orange riding caravanner.
    Must have the skin of a rhino 😉

Brycey
    Free Member

😀

Northwind

laggingbehindagain – Member

Speaking to the guys from Orange, the new Patriot is almost the same as the 2008 model, just larger headtube and some minor tweeks. Glad, cos I have a 2008 Patriot.

Did they really say that? Because it’s mince, unless changing all the geometry and adding 20mm of suspension is a minor tweek. Slacker head angle, steeper seat tube angle, lower pivot… According to their own numbers anyway.

goodgrief
    Free Member

northwind, ’08 patriots had 178mm travel so what we have here is same travel, iscg mounts, external cable routing, 1.5″ headtube and 30.9mm seat tube. ie. everything I wanted to change on my patriot.

Northwind

08 Patriot was usually supplied with, and recommended for, a 160mm fork, this one’s designed around 180mm.

5lab

08 Patriot was usually supplied with, and recommended for, a 160mm fork, this one’s designed around 180mm

whilst I wouldn’t disagree, over that time the fashion has been for head angles to get a couple of degrees slacker. Given that’s the case, I wouldn’t be surprised if the absolute head angle (ie for a given fork) is actually the same on both bikes. They’ve probably dropped the bb a little too..

Northwind

Doesn’t look like it is… But anyway, what’s certain is that Orange’s claimed geometry is pretty different and it’s not just down to fork length, so either their numbers are all wrong or the 2008 is a pretty different frame.

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Didn’t like the old one with 180mm forks, the new one feels great with 180mm forks so i guess they must be different.

flowmtbguy
    Free Member

and we all know – newer = better 🙂

will put it next to an 08 patriot for comparison and see…

and I’ll get mine on the scales when it’s built up as well – I reckon it’ll be around 35/36lbs – dual ply tyres and coil front and rear will bump it up.

I’ll see if I can dig out a deore cassette as well – keep the weight up 🙂

edoverheels
    Free Member

Good that the Patriot is back, but as others have said, shame the Blood has gone. 36s on the front and a stupidly low BB are a fantastic fun combination. But, like most fun things, not that sensible which is I suppose is why they did not sell and have been dropped.
    At £995 for a frame, grab a bargain before they are all gone. (Also the best looking Orange for ages, not that I am swayed by such things of course)

molgrips
    Free Member

I run a 140-180mm fork on my Patriot, and I let it all the way out on decents. BB is quite high in general but I run more sag on the rear than normal to compensate.

chrisdb
    Free Member

Check this out –

http://vimeo.com/alpinebikes/neworangepatriot

Also if you check out Alpine Bikes facebook page they are running a caption comp to win a free day on the Patriot at Inners. Something about a horse.

wl
    Free Member

Think the seat tube is now steeper for even better climbing. Not that the old one doesn’t climb.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘The new Patriot…anyone got one yet?’ is closed to new replies.