Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The new McDs advert
  • bencooper
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRqB59G5c2Y[/video]

WTF? He’s not allowed to jump in puddles, do a wee ramp on his bike, or have any innocent fun, but is allowed to order junk food by himself.

Is this really the kind of parenting that we’re supposed to emulate?

Klunk
    Free Member

I tell the mrs if she goes through the puddles I won’t be cleaning her bike ! 😈

aracer
    Free Member

Wow, just wow. Sorry kids, but that advert has just done the opposite of what it might have intended for me.

mikey74
    Free Member

I thought that when I first saw it. The way popular culture tries to associate fun with fast food, alcohol etc rather than good, old-fashioned larking around outdoors, is quite disturbing. No wonder we have problems with obesity and alcohol in this country.

rene59
    Free Member

We don’t have a problem with alcohol in this country … we love it! 😆

I do feel sorry for the real kids out there who are brought up just like the kid in the advert.

athgray
    Free Member

It’s a crap advert for a crap product that is an occasional guilty pleasure. Never previously given it too much thought, although I seem to miss the bit where the lad orders his own food??

matt_outandabout

I do feel sorry for the real kids out there who are brought up just like the kid in the advert.

I would say the majority of children have this experience now.

I echo the sentiments – mes_oab and I both had the same reaction.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I wouldn’t let my child jump in a muddy puddle in trainers either. I’d have made her wear her wellies and let her jump in them as much as she liked.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘The new McDs advert’ is closed to new replies.