Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)
  • The naked rambler…again.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

The naked rambler…again.

Instead of keeping him in big prison, why don’t they just put in his willy in prison like in the olden days?

wwaswas

You’ve got to start thinking that he has some mental health issues, really.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Or just very stubborn?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Just cos the guy likes to be naked does not mean he has mental health issues!

wwaswas

Or just very stubborn?

maybe but I can’t see how 60 seconds of standing outside with no kit on is any sort of payoff for the consequent 2 years in prison.

fact is most people don’t want to see some blokes meat and 2 veg swinging along as he strides down the street. If he can’t empathise with their point of view and modify his behaviour accordingly after all this time then he’s got ‘issues’ imo.

[edit]

Just cos the guy likes to be naked does not mean he has mental health issues!

imo if he wants to be naked everywhere in spite of the rest of society then he’s got issues. He could put a speedo on and achieve 95% nakedness…

He may not be ‘mad’ but he’s clearly not understanding that his behaviour will continue to be met with imprisonment and no one wants that, probably including him?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

He has been repeatedly arrested in the street outside Perth Prison by police waiting for him to be released at the end of each sentence.

This is a bit wrong though. I though breach of the peace required people to complain about him or for him to offend some one. Having the police wait for him outside the jail isnt giving him much of a chance is it… or is it just proactive policing?

Stoner
    Free Member

any constable or citizen can make an arrest in order to prevent a breach of the peace.

The common law power to prevent a breach of the peace is enjoyed by every constable and citizen. It is subject to a duty to seek to prevent by arrest or other action short of arrest any breach of the peace occurring in his presence, or any breach of the peace which, having occurred, was likely to be renewed, or which was about to occur. The leading authority being Albert v Lavin [1982] HL.

dufresneorama
    Free Member

It’s a joke.
    Let him go about his business…if he’s naked whilst going about said business, So ****! Not like he’s wandering around school playgrounds with a boner.
    If I cycled past him, he’d get a cheery ‘hello’ like everyone else gets, I’m sure he would wave back.

Houns

With what though 😮

PiknMix
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member

He may not be ‘mad’ but he’s clearly not understanding that his behaviour will continue to be met with imprisonment and no one wants that, probably including him?

i’m guessing if he didn’t want the sentence he would just put some togs on?

maybe carry a fig leaf for special occasions such as court appearances?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Breach of the peace is a different kettle of fish in Scotland.

nuke

I really don’t get what the fuss is about…so he likes to walk around naked, so what?

Having said that, I was a little shocked to see a man taking a dump on the pavement with everything from waist down on display on the Brighton Road in Croydon yesterday morning but I put that down more to the act he was performing rather than the nakedness. If he hadn’t stood up to wipe his arse and faced oncoming traffic, I think it would have been a little more discreet.

Junkyard
    Free Member

95% nakedness

the word for 95% naked is clothed which is not naked. Can I be 95% dry [naked] without being wet[clothed]?

I dont see why the naked form is vulgar tbh. Personally I dont understand what he is trying to achieve by his constant actions.

dazzlingboy

Is he naked in prison?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The guy is an idiot,. It has been made totally clear to him that his antics will not be accepted in scotland. He will continue to be jailed until he behaves. its a simple as that. don’t try to out stubborn scottish law

thegreatape
    Free Member

don’t try to out stubborn scottish law

Good job you’re not a criminal then TJ 🙂

Junkyard
    Free Member

Quote of the week 😀

13thfloormonk

I’m hoping they at least TRY to provide the poor guys with clothes before he leaves prison, otherwise they may just be arresting him as he makes a desperate bid for the nearest clothes shop 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

If he’s always naked, in Scotland, then he must have mental health issues, as it’s always bloody freezing up there! 😯

In fact many Scottish folk are in fact a strange pale blueish colour. 😐

No it’s true.

Stoner
    Free Member

nice spot of racism there fred.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It is, isn’t it? 😀

Probbly mentalistist as well…

Stoner
    Free Member

a smiley?

that wouldnt be the hackney defence would it?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Stoner defence – to make a BS pithy point you dont even believe to score points on a long running feud.

Stoner
    Free Member

we get points for this? why didnt someone tell me?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

Leave the guy alone FFS, what harm is he doing to anyone. Ridiculous.

I saw a naked rambler on farleton knott once – well, I say naked, he had walking boots and a rucksack on. 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

I say naked, he had walking boots and a rucksack on.

the word for 95% naked is clothed which is not naked

not naked then in JY world.

totalshell

live and let live who is he harming and sure i would nt want to see him but hey its not that long ago that we all walked around nkaed ( they still do in some parts)
    no its a free country let him do as he likes i’d rather he was walking the streets than someone who mugged me.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

not naked then in JY world.

Not naked in British Law, either, if he’s got his cobbly bobblers covered up.

The Law is about ‘indecent exposure’. Not every situation where someone is naked will be an offence; only if there is some form of intent to offend, afaik.

Case in point: Naked Bike Ride. People don’t get nicked on that, do they? Even though they are riding stark bolly naked around London. Might be something to do with it being a demonstration, I dunno.

Mind you, we’re a bit more open minded to such things down here, so maybe we’re just not as easily offended as the prudish Scots…

(I do hope that isn’t offensive; tried to find as inoffensive a pic as possible and it’s in context of the discussion but mods please feel free to remove if necessary)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

In fact many Scottish folk are in fact a strange pale blueish colour.
    No it’s true.

But it is true! We tested a Scottish person at the weekend! 🙂

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Indeed, Podster.

And at no point was the Race Card played. 😐

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Typical Booties…

They can’t wait to get naked…

Typical Navy 🙂

MrPottatoHead

I was in Croatia last month and there were naturists galore. Loads of old wrinklies cruising round in their boats giving a cheery wave to the tourists-it would be cheaper for tax payers if we just packed him off to a holiday home there. Is it actually against the law to get your danglies out in Britain or have they just got it in for the guy?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Nudity itself isn’t actually against the Law afaik; it’s all about context, behaviour of the nudist, etc.

Hence why the cyclists above aren’t breaking any laws.

MrPottatoHead

So what did he do on the way out of prison then that was considered poor behaviour – wave it around like a lasso to try and snare one of the waiting plods!?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He was told he would be rearrested if he tried to walk out of the prison naked. He did and he was.

highclimber
    Free Member

He could put a speedo on and achieve 95% nakedness

or a G-string for c.99% nakedness.

seriously, how can you justify sending a stubborn naturist to jail for being naked for 2 years. some people get less for ‘good behaviour’ on a rape charge these days!

MrPottatoHead

So is it okay to arrest someone for not breaking a law as long as a policeman says it? I seem to be missing something.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace. Its possibly a parole condition as well

Scottish law – from wiki

There are major differences between English law and Scots law with respect to dealing with breach of the peace; unlike England and Wales where criminal penalties apply to the behaviour leading to or liable to cause a breach of the peace, it is a specific criminal offence in Scotland which is prosecuted daily in the Sheriff Courts and due to its common law definition it can be applied to a number of scenarios. The maximum punishment if a case is remitted to the High Court is imprisonment for life (as of 2002 [8]).

The Scots Law definition of a breach of the peace is “conduct severe enough to cause alarm to ordinary people and threaten serious disturbance to the community.[9]”

A constable may arrest any person, without warrant, who commits a breach of the peace. A member of the public may not arrest a person for behaviour which amounts to no more than a breach of the peace (i.e. an arrest is not always for the offence for which someone is eventually prosecuted but can be for a more serious crime that appears to be occurring).

Breach of the peace can include, but is not limited to, any riotous behavious (which includes ‘rowdiness’ or ‘brawling’) and any disorderly behaviour. This behaviour doesn’t have to be noisy but still of a nature that would cause concern to other people. Examples include: ‘Peeping Tom’ type behaviour, persistently following someone, delivering ‘threatening’ letters and ‘streaking’ or ‘mooning’.

To prove a Breach of the Peace the most important things to prove is that someone was Alarmed, Annoyed or Disturbed by the incident.

This offence can take place anywhere i.e. a house, a public street, a private office or any public space.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

JandemTeremy.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘The naked rambler…again.’ is closed to new replies.