Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • the mutts swingers
  • So I cracked my Alpine which was upsetting.
    But Orange have been nice as pie (if a little slow) about it and offered a cool paint job by way of an apology

what do you think? I think i need some more tissues. splurt splurt

try again

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

looks like the decorator forgot the dust sheet when emulsioning 😉

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

lol double post

Joe

I agree with the man above. Send it back.

you looosers! 😈

benji_allen
    Free Member

Where did it crack just out of interest?

stevomcd
    Free Member

benji +1 !

JonEdwards
    Free Member

benji +2…

benji_allen
    Free Member

As soon as there's an answer I'm gonna run and check mine.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Although to be fair I ride like a girl most of the time so it'll probably be ok.

mamadirt
    Free Member

I like it 8) . My bathroom needs decorating . . . wonder if my bike'll fit in there? 😕

solarider
    Free Member

Nice that.

benji im not answering till you give me positive feedback on the aesthetics!

It cracked under the swing arm directly above where the pivot bolt is, there is a little hole there to let the pressure out when welding at it began to star out along the weld. Flip yours upside down and look underneath the front of the swingarm and you will see it.

To be fair I rode it for a while whilst cracked as i didnt think it wasnt likely to snap and it didnt! This was whilst on my riding tour of NZ! Orange reckoned it was mainly paint cracking due to flex but swopped it be sure. Im not sure how much i Believe that but what I do believe is that its the dogs danglys to ride and I prob got a bit of duffer which was why it cracked also In their defence as well they never quibbled it and were nice as pie sorting it out.

I think it looks amazing, I havent even had a sit on it yet as my mate sent me this pic from his bike shop workshop! Im going to take the blue beast out for its inaugural run at the Ae enduro next week, should be a gentle introduction eh!

rOcKeTdOg

is that spaff on it?

stevomcd
    Free Member

Reassuring to know it was just the swingarm I guess!

I guide in the Alps on mine all summer. Just got it near the end of last season so I'll see how it stands up to a full summer this year!

My previous bike snapped across the downtube last year!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

looks good aprt from those horrible white splodges 😀

Seriously, think they make it look naff.

benji_allen
    Free Member

benji im not answering till you give me positive feedback on the aesthetics!

Wasn't too sure at first, but…. I like it. Do you ride it in painters dungarees?

Just kidding.

naokfreek
    Free Member

Not sure really but hey..better than a cracked frame!

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

don't worry, i like it.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I like your bike but not the paintjob.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘the mutts swingers’ is closed to new replies.