Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)
  • The murky world of online dating..
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNC0kIzM1Fo[/video]

emsz
    Free Member

Smooth, Yeti, really smooth. 😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz, I’m still not sober enough to not make one last desperate play…. how you doing?

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve had that line tried on me before. 😉

Go to bed you drunken bum 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

😆 I think I try that line with you every 4-6 weeks.

I’m going off to look at a Specialized Enduro and then to Brookes for a spot of bouldering.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

TSY, I think I’m going to become a nun too. Want to join the same convent as me?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Dirtygirl, I think that’s got some mileage… possibly we should set up our own convent for spiritual enlightenment through excessive exercise?

No more hail mary’s and vows of silence… there’ll be penance through press ups, and salvation through spinning and stretching?

MoreCashThanDash

Sounds like a convent with some potentially dirty habits

Anyway, about this bar on an industrial site in Nottingham?
    *gets out local A-Z*

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Thank you all. This thread has restored my faith in STW…

hughjardon
    Free Member

TSY, can’t believe you were stood by the A420, i went up the M4 to the Newbury jct then to Oxford on the A34, as directed by my sat nav.

And when i got to Nottingham the sat nav couldn’t find restless or the good titty bar!

Sat nav for the bin me thinks 😉

rOcKeTdOg

i’m *coughs* told Lutterworth is much better for clubs for the descerning gentleman

_tom_
    Free Member

hahah just got the best bit of spam ever, somewhat related to this thread topic.

“Hello! My name is Elnura. I found your mail on flirtbox uk. I live in Azerbaijan. How are you, I hope that all ok? I should notice your structure and it very much was pleasant to me,
    when I have read it. It is a little about myself: I am cheerful girl, like to listen to music, to go on concerts,
    also intellectual. I shall not write more much. Tell me more about yourself. If you are interested in me, you can write to me at my mail: elnura.ask12@yahoo.com
    I will look forward your letter. Elnura”

“she” sent a pic, I should notice her structure is very pleasant to me 😆

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Sweet Jesus! That new ASDA uniform is something of a departure.

Jamie
    Free Member

Must be quite sunny in Azerbaijan.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can someone lend me some money to pay for Elnura’s airfare?
    She’s very keen to meet me… 8)

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

john_drummer – Member
    loddrik has a point

thankfully I’m happily married, but if I were to become single again, I’d be quite happy to stay that way.

besides, nobody would have me
    [/quote/

+1 for that.

That person above looks a bit ambiguous to me, I’d wonder what lurks under the new Asda uniform?

Two of my friends have owned up to internet dating, one was very successful, in her words “test drove” a few, then found her current husband.

Other one hasn’t been as successful, but let slip that he’d included that he goes to the gym everyday – my thoughts are that any self centered female will think he’d be unable to spend the time with her that she thinks she needs. Sadly he doesn’t seem impressed at those who only meet up for a “test drive”, either that or he is crap in bed 😆

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti – Member

She’s very keen to meet me…

I have a colleague who fell for one of those scams five years ago.

Bizarre thing is, he’s quite successful with women and had always seemed pretty intelligent. He received an email from her ‘friend’ informing him that she’d died following a car crash whilst on the way to the airport.

£3,000 rinsed! 😛

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Yadda, yadda, yadda… you gonna lend me the money or not?!

Look I’ve set up a just giving page…

http://www.manjusgiving.yetiwantsawife.com

Jamie
    Free Member

Hoping TSY had gone the extra mile I clicked the link….bah!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

LOL @ Jamie, you think I’d be single still if I could be arsed to do anything but the very bare minimum?!

I’ll set up a page, but all proceeds go to bullheart…

The only thing I can offer STW is do I go on a date with the thai one or the pregnant one?

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Have you read The Dice Man? A similar approach with the choices and results posted here could be most entertaining. 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

She’s very keen to meet me…

Piss off, I saw her first! 😡

h4muf
    Free Member

Single mid 30’s bike nut from notts/derby border here.

Male,i should add :mrgreen:

MoreCashThanDash

h4muf – this is totally the wrong thread to ask on, but which bit of the Notts Derby border?

Always surprised how many STWers are from this area

h4muf
    Free Member

I’m in Alfreton.

MoreCashThanDash

Ah, the more interesting bit – down in West Hallam here.

*waves, in case you have a telescope*

Jamie
    Free Member

h4muf:

Single mid 30’s bike nut from notts/derby border here.

Male,i should add

I think at this point, the being male bit is a mere technicality for TSY.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

the being male bit is a mere technicality…

Could this be the next role of the dice?

richteabiscuit
    Free Member

Another Plenty of Fish-er here. Been on and off for about 6months. Started seeing someone over new year so had a break from it all, been back on a week and there’s stacks of new, keen to meet you ladies on, lined up a couple of dates for next week with two lovely sorts. Had a fair few message from a few cougars too.. yum!
    If you’ve never done it give it a go but don’t get too involved in it all, don’t sit checking your inbox every 10mins. It’s good fun and my workmates etc all know I’m on and thery’re jealous as hell.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

That sounds like it could be a good convent, might need to work on the acronym a bit though. 🙂 Replace the nun’s habits with lycra as i don’t fancy wearing that.

I was all motivated to do some press ups after my ride, but finished at the car instead of the flat so wasn’t doing press ups with people in their cars looking at me 🙄

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Okay, black and white lycra habits it is…

I’m loving the idea of you busting out some press ups after your ride, feet raised in the boot of your car!! I’ve just been bouldering as a rest day for the first time in years… office hands let me down a bit.

Right, what’s wrong with the Spiritual Enlightenment Through The Excessive Exercise Convent aka Settee Convent…

We’ll draw in portly couch potatoes and send them out lean in lycra, this is the aim of our church, no?

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Heh 🙂 I’m going to put my feet on the bosu ball or powerplate on monday, i’ll report back with progress/pain. I did 60miles in the sun today, could have done with far less layers on/support team from the convent to carry my layers 8)

Actually settee convent could work. Can we also have big comfy sofas too? I’m sure we’ll have members queuing up to join!

Bouldering is good, not been for a few years now…but with our convent there will be time for me to do everything i want to, yay!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oh the convent will have a bouldering route around the entire place.
    The highest level of enlightenment will only be accessible via a difficult climb! 😈

60miles… on or off road?… and sun? It’s been pissing it down all day here, hence the climbing!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I want to move in now!

60miles on road averaging 15mph with some sprint sessions thrown in for fun/feeling the burn in my legs, didn’t make it to the 25mph sprint that i wanted though 🙁

It was a gorgeous day up here (for once) blue sky and warm sun, could’ve done without the winter tights and overshoes. Maybe the convent can be moved to wherever the weather is nicest?

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe the convent can be moved to wherever the weather is nicest?

Bahamas then.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie might be onto something there!

I’m doing LEJOG in a couple of months time… I’ll see if I can find a sutiable location on route. If not Bahamas it is… are there mountains there? How about Reunion Island?

I’m sensing that being deities for this new religious order could end up being hard work. Are followers can be dieties though 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

… are there mountains there?

…don’t think so. Maybe Spain then.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

nah, I reckon Reunion Island… they do one of the Mega series there IIRC, and we can have vows of surfing.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

I have been doing some yoga, my back hurts after using the drops 🙁 There needs to be hills, i’m a climber. *packs bags*

Junkyard
    Free Member

Could this be the next role of the dice?

hed id in the book iirc the entire chapter of the event consisted of the words
    “it hurt”
    HTH

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘The murky world of online dating..’ is closed to new replies.