Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • The murky world of online dating..
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Okay, circumstances led me to go back for a bit more online dating action this week…

Here are the highlights…

A date with a girl who I wouldn’t have recognised if she hadn’t come wallowing up to me.

A divorced thai-bride who ‘love me long time’.

And the icing on the cake…

A really nice girl. wo turned out to have a child. Who turned out to have what some might consider a mild disability… fair enough doesn’t bother me in the slightest… arranging to meet up… btw ‘I’m 8 months pregnant’

FFS!

I give up. I’m becoming a nun.

Diane
    Free Member

😀

emsz
    Free Member

LOL, serves you right for dating two girls at once.

Stop, then you’ll meet some-one, guaranteed

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

A bit of perseverance is required. From my experiences, yes, there are a few ‘creatures’ out there…but on the other hand there are a good number of very lovely very attractive women…it’s just a question of finding them.

What site are you on anyway?

loddrik
    Free Member

What’s wrong with just staying single..?

grievoustim
    Free Member

at least you can get a date

I’m lucky if I can get someone to respond to a message – think I’m going to give up again, it’s doing my head in

I don’t send them pictures of my penis, maybe that’s what I’m doing wrong

ahwiles
    Free Member

i don’t understand the parameters, but i seem to have created the perfect profile for attracting 45 yr old divorcees…

Stoner
    Free Member

I don’t send them pictures of my penis, maybe that’s what I’m doing wrong

TSY clearly does. That’s obviously where he’s going wrong.

Stoner
    Free Member

45 yr old divorcees…

cougartown. yeeha.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I most certainly don’t. My god, it’s tiny, like an acorn. 😆

john_drummer
    Free Member

loddrik has a point

thankfully I’m happily married, but if I were to become single again, I’d be quite happy to stay that way.

besides, nobody would have me 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

so neither of you could pass your appearnace of as being big boned then
    IGMC

cinnamon_girl

TSY – do you mention your fitness regime? It can be considered scary! You are the exception for exercising regularly – really important that you remember this. 😉

Have a break from it, sounds as though it’s become soul-destroying. Now that can be unhealthy.

How you getting on with the Ti?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

C_G… the only time I’ve talked about my fitness regime is with girls clearly as crazy about it as I am. Girls that put in 3 hour + sessions a night.

The Ti is amazing. If the weather looks alright going to try and do the Twrch in under an hour tomorrow. The uppy-downy post is still working mint after a gritty welsh ride and being upside down all week.

emma82
    Free Member

Aww no tsy, perhaps you need to change your strategy. Meet girls through friends of friends, offer yourself to a life art class, take up a hobby like knitting or cake baking for selling or Become a masseur or sommet. Online dating seems a bit weird to me, be like meeting one of you lot for a date 😕 Must be some truth in the saying it will happen when you least expect it 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

top tip:

start salsa/kizomba dancing, most towns will have a trendy bar doing lessons/classes once or twice a week.

my pal ‘S’ has gone from single, and deep in a dry spell (and a little down about it) to a shagged out peacock in about 6months.

i’ve been along to a couple, it’s quite literally, crumpet central.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

YOGA!!!

But should I meet the divorcee thai-bride? Surely that’s what internet dating was invented for?

emsz
    Free Member

Loads of single girls in the running club I’ve joined.

offer yourself to a life art class

art students…*shudders*

Junkyard
    Free Member

my mate has a thai bride he met over here via normal means he always gets looks from starangers like he bought her over the internet

sharki
    Free Member

STW is the best dating site i’ve ever used.

No subscription either.

Junkyard
    Free Member

USER you said I was the only one

cinnamon_girl

Is it essential that a girl is into fitness of some description? Actually that needs rephrasing!! Are you emphasising that it’s a large part of your life and that you have a rather lovely bike too which you know how to ride?

It really does sound as though you are exhausted with it all. Step back! I found I was getting quite insulted with idiots that contacted me, did nothing for my self-esteem.

Don’t know what the Twrch is, Cwmcarn? Bike and uppy downy sorted – result!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You’re lucky, he won’t even agree to meet up with me 🙁

C_G… I don’t even mention it to be honest. Like I’ll say I go biking at the weekends and I’m a regular gym goer… I don’t say I’m obsessive about my fitness though!

cinnamon_girl

Perhaps keep quiet about your habits? 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha, the biggest thing I reckon to keep quiet about is this place!!

You riding Swinley this weekend?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You need to come to terms with being ugly.

Ugly people need love too. 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha, but when I’m not looking in the mirror I’m beautiful…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPphDSc6ZEE[/video]

Jamie
    Free Member

Interesting article by the founder of free US internet dating site OKCupid. Amusingly this article was taken down, the below link is a mirror of the original article, when Match.com bought OKCupid for $50 million.

It’s US biased obviously, but quite a good read…..well I thought so which is no guarantee of anything.

”Why you shouldn’t pay for internet dating”

cinnamon_girl

Definitely do not mention STW!!!

May possibly ride Swinley but I have a house to sell so will depend on whether there’s any punters.

darcy – TSY is lovely and not ugly at all.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ugly people need love too.

…and DD is married TSY. So if he can snag some poor unfortunate you shouldn’t be too worried.

8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha, I like that article… it tells me what I already knew and… that I have an abnormally high hit rate!! 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Had a quick skim of that link, doesn’t surprise me. I find these dating sites quite immoral and feel that they should have some accountability rather than lying through their back teeth.

Edit: the number of middle-aged drongos was astounding including those looking for a younger woman! Glad I’m out of that stuff.

Jamie
    Free Member

The amount of time you seem to be at the gym TSY I would have thought that would have been a better bet to meet the laydeez.

…..but then it being stinky and sweaty is never the best time to bust out the chat up lines….plus you might come across as a ‘that guy’ who pervs in the gym.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie… YOGA!! Everytime I look up from a stretch a young lady is eyeballing me.
    Possibly because they’ve spotted I’ve put my back out…

restless
    Free Member

i want to try internet dating. is it really that scary? 😕

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s not normally scary but I admittedly love it.

This weeks been extra special though. Has made me think I should have stuck, rather than twisted with some previous dates.

restless
    Free Member

oh i might give it a go, but i think i’m too shy!! ha ha .i’m not normally but the whole internet thing seems to put me off. any tips????

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Just give it a go… why be shy on the internet?
    What have you got to lose? It’s not like one day you’re going to meet up with the people you spend your days chatting to online… oh, wait a minute…

restless
    Free Member

that’s it. i don’t want to look like a saddo, that my mates can see, and laugh at me!!!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Give a shi…. Who cares? There are 5 girls from my work online dating at the moment… all nice normal girls… they clearly don’t care, so why should you?

There are other STWers doing it… including female members…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘The murky world of online dating..’ is closed to new replies.