Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)
  • The most addictive food known to humankind
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Well said jeffj.

What ever that was.

sprootlet
    Free Member

Haribo, I defy anyone to just have 1 sweet, one handful isn’t enough…Starmix and golden bears seems to just disappear.
    Its so bad I don’t buy them and walk past them in the supermarket with my eyes firmly on the opposite aisle.

rob2
    Free Member

That was an interesting article. Makes a lot of sense

rickmeister

Greggs Steak Bake….

Bregante

I don’t normally go in for airy fairy foodstuffs but if my wife doesn’t get me some of this again this Christmas there’s gonna be trouble.

Scapegoat

Chocolate coveted peanuts. The evil genius of placing them next to the checkout in Wilco…… I
    And ginger biscuits. I can do a whole packet with a single cuppa. Lijat green chilli papads…. It’s a good job you get enough in a packet to fry a couple each for tea and have enough to test. Like another four or five.

U

MoreCashThanDash

Was geoffj calling me a cheesecake eating rat?

👿

hammyuk
    Free Member

Bregante you b*stard…. That has to be tried now……

Pigface
    Free Member

Shame on all of you, these are my bette noir 😛

Honourable mentions to a lot of what has been posted.

In Sweden I loved their Christmas Flat Bread with butter on it.

andy8442
    Free Member

Custard Creams. Food of champions.

Kryton57

chakaping
    Free Member

Just when I was about to give up on STW as a home for the terminally argumentative, along comes the best self-help thread for ages.

I was also going to confess to addictive behaviour around salt & vinegar nuts, Sensations lime & coriander poppadoms, pistachios and virtually any Pringles.

Also I don’t think anyone has mentioned Mackie’s haggis and black pepper crisps? Sooo easy to eat the whole bag in about five mins.

crazy-legs

Peanut M&Ms
    Sainsbury’s honey roast peanut & cashew nut mix
    Another Sainsbury’s one; they used to do a big bag of dates and pecans which advertised it as 6 servings. This was clearly a lie cos I ate the whole pack in one sitting.

Just off to Sainsbury’s…

Kunstler

For me it’s 85% chocolate. I’ve been on a 100g bar a day for the past two months. There I’ve said it.

Also, I find it very hard to stop eating the whole batch of heavily salted, roasted almonds.

slowoldman

+1 for Gingernuts. Or plain chocolate digestives. Or fig rolls.

daftvader
    Free Member

Fresh cream chocolate éclairs… Profiteroles…. Choux buns….

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Food in general i find is addictive, can’t stop eating the stuff.
    First suck on the teat and i was hooked.

MrOvershoot

Sorry I’m still looking at this

Tom83

Bourbons.

brokenbanjo

Rowntrees Fruit Gums. I’m banned from having them after the girlfriend opened bag on a long drive had one and went for another 5mins later. She found an empty bag and a slightly twitching me in the driving seat.

Fruit shortcake biscuits. Self-imposed ban.

Kellogs Raisin Wheats. Currently on offer at Home Bargains at £1.49 a box. So far been through 8 boxes in two weeks. On the plus side I have no problems on the bog.

stumpy01

Pistachios or
    Salt n vinegar chipsticks!

rankbadjin
    Free Member

Those re-released Butoni fish an’ chips surely, my salt levels must be through the roof right now!
    Haribo tangfastics are a bit moreish too!

JohnnyPanic

Jelly Babies.

Try opening a pack and not scoffing the lot.

I dares ya.

lemonysam
    Free Member

jonwe
    Free Member

1: ben and jerrys chunky monkey ice cream ( not on-ones finest rubber)
    2: specaloos ice cream
    3: specaloos/lotus biscuits
    4: fresh home made bread with lashings of salted butter

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Anything that contains marzipan. Especially stollen, bear claws, almond croissants, Bakewell tarts and almond fingers.

If I lived near a French patisserie I would need a restraining order.

vickypea
    Free Member

Grape nuts! I’ve got through boxes and boxes of them in recent months!

_tom_
    Free Member

Tesco Pillows cereal. The ones with the milk filling. Definitely laced with crack. I got through a box in less than2 days I think. Dangerous.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Anything on a buffet. I could consume the contents of a savoury buffet in minutes if I wasn’t held back by societys need to make us share with others. Found a lovely picture of one with olives, mini burgers, chicken strips, samosas, and breaded prawns. Don’t know how to post images though so I am just going to drool over it alone.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ive been suffering fron literally no appetite for a few days now – I have read all of this thread and still nothing appealed . . . Until vickypea mentioned grape nuts – must get some 😀

tang
    Free Member

Pistachio halva. Just back from London where I always stock up on a couple of kg from the Middle Eastern grocers. Anialated a huge slab last night.

vickypea
    Free Member

adjustablewench- hope they get your appetite back 🙂
    I think they go well with banana as well

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Raisins, sultanas, currants. I can buy a 1kg pack to snack out of atwork and can eat the whole lot in an afternoon.
    With very unpleasant consequences,

Viewing 33 posts - 81 through 113 (of 113 total)

The topic ‘The most addictive food known to humankind’ is closed to new replies.