Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The Met Office is
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

forcasting >95% precipitation for today.

Er, is that as bad as it sounds? *gulp* 😯

twoniner
    Free Member

It’s 100% here in N Wales, has been all night. 😕

pictonroad

pretty sure that’s the ‘chance of rain’ percentage….

gwaelod
    Free Member

It is just the chance of precipitation yes – so it just means it’s pretty likley its going to rain….it doesn’t necessarily mean it will rain a huge amount.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Gotcha (starts to relax…) 8)

bruneep

What did you think it meant? 😕

stilltortoise
    Free Member

What did you think it meant?

^this. Geniunely

wwaswas

it doesn’t necessarily mean it will rain a huge amount.

although for round here they’re suggesting 60mm of rain in the next 24-36 hours which is quite a lot.

gonefishin
    Free Member

It’s something that confuses a lot if people apparently. with some thinking that it means tha it will rain for 95% of the time rather than there is a 95% chance of rain at some point during this 24hr period.

jekkyl

95% of the ground will be covered in water, unless you’re on a boat.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its a british winter is there not always a 95 % chance of rain till summer when it drops to the low 80 ‘s

gwaelod
    Free Member

depending where you are the wind may be more of a problem – SE ENgland tonight has potential to be wild….scotland tomorrow also looks wild

Nail down your wheelie bins, trampolines and inflatable santas

highclimber
    Free Member

It’s 100% here in N Wales

Aye, tis windy too. I’ve got the fire on with little intention to do anything!

5thElefant
    Free Member

It’s 100% here in N Wales, has been all night.

It’s the 100% wind that’s worrying me. It feels like the house is going to blow down.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

It’s is hammering down wind and rain on the South Coast. Quite unpleasant outside.

So glad I am in our drafty, poorly lit office and not at home in front of the fire.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It’ll be 95% of the maximum rainfall from the rainiest day in history. In other words another 5% and the animals would be queuing up in pairs.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I was talking to a guy who’s brother works for one of the power companies up here (Scotland), and he said loads of guys have had holidays cancelled and are being routed to the new forest area for today and tomorrow. Don’t know if the worst of the weather is to be there, or if there is an issue already.

ps44
    Free Member

….over forecasting as usual ? (95% confidence)

scuttler

100% AMBER alert. Definitely time to panic. If i was you I’d get down the shops quick in case there’s a couple of days worth of limited/no public transport, shops shut and you’re stuck in your own home with nothing to do but eat chocolate, play Twister and watch 007 on’t telly!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The Met Office is’ is closed to new replies.