Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The Martian
  • eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just caught up with xkcd and saw they’ve filmed The Martin. Forget Interstellar this will be epic. Even though you already spot discrepancies from the book.

[video]https://youtu.be/Ue4PCI0NamI[/video]

Flaperon

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup.

twang
    Free Member

“Science the shit outa this”…no.

mtbtom
    Free Member

This book had completely passed my by until yesterday when on a whim I bought the audiobook to listen to on the journey down from Scotland.

Great book (so far!), movie sounds good.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

wang – Member

Read the book, it makes a lot more sense when not taken out of context.

zigzag69
    Free Member

eddiebaby – Member

wang – Member

Read the book, it makes a lot more sense when not taken out of context.
    Yup, as does the Neil Armstrong quote.

Really looking forward to this, hopefully it’s everything that Interstellar wasn’t.

stewartc
    Free Member

Really looking forward to this, hopefully it’s everything that Interstellar wasn’t.

If your not a fan of Matt Damon trapped alone on a planet you may be disappointed by the sounds of it 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

There’s lot of off Mars action too…

butcher

Book was great. Not sure how well it will work as a film, but we’ll see.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yep, World War Z (the book) was nearly ruined by the fillum. Should never been made without copying the books format.

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Damn! They let Matt Damon be left alone in a planet again? Do they not learn from Interstellar? He goes batshit crazy !!!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I bought the book on the last thread about this.. I really should read it 😆

RustyNissanPrairie

uuuurrrrgghhh, after having my fingers burnt by that pile of shit interstellar I don’t about this one………

RustyNissanPrairie

Have just finished the book. My in-depth analytical review-

Shite, about as far fetched as dog shit from china. Very disappointed.

Duane…
    Free Member

Really really enjoyed the book. Any recommendations for other similar reads?

molgrips
    Free Member

Even though you already spot discrepancies from the book.

Let’s just clear this up – films of books are not meant to be exact copies of the book. Mostly they can’t be, otherwise the film won’t work, and why the hell should they be? If you want the book read the damn book!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Glad to hear it – thankfully a lot of people think otherwise. Would be boring if we all liked the same thing.

peterfile
    Free Member

I bought the book after reading this thread. Read it in a day, it’s really entertaining and easy to read.

The whole thing feels like it was written as a screenplay with Matt Damon in mind for the lead.

The actual writing skill was pretty basic though IMO, but it was quite clever and I reckon it will make a great movie.

CountZero

molgrips – Member
    Even though you already spot discrepancies from the book.
    Let’s just clear this up – films of books are not meant to be exact copies of the book. Mostly they can’t be, otherwise the film won’t work, and why the hell should they be? If you want the book read the damn book!

I have to agree with Mol on this, much as it grieves me to do so… 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed the book.

Reading Stone Man now, got recommended in a Martian thread, and probably enjoying that more.

Sort of agree with Mol too. Try and stay faithful to the book and you end up with snore fests like Lord of the Rings.

molgrips
    Free Member

snore fests like Lord of the Rings

Yes! Glad it’s not just me that thought that. I watched the first one and thought ‘I’ve read this, this is exactly like re-reading the book’. Didn’t bother with the rest of it.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘The Martian’ is closed to new replies.