Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The man like Sasha – new '90s mix
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Popped up on FB today, mix at a party for the new Trainspotting movie…
    https://www.facebook.com/sasha/videos/10154564660301919/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

I’m only six minutes in but seems promising so far.

deviant
    Free Member

Nice find.
    Although always feels weird seeing him written on flyers without “and Digweed”….they were inseparable in the 90s.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Always preferred him before he got with Digweed. Some of my favourite tapes are from Shelley’s in Stoke, and The Eclipse in Coventry.

chakaping
    Free Member

I liked him better solo too, partly ‘cos I preferred the early/mid-90s stuff but also nobody could touch him for creating something new as he mixed tunes.

Regret only getting to see him once, but it was incredible.

chakaping
    Free Member

Like what he did with Energy Flash, pleasantly surprised to hear Clanger – Seadog in there.

zbonty

I prefer his earlier stuff so less interested in hearing him play late 90s trance.

He’s always said he’d never play a retro/throwback set but a job is a job, bills to pay etc ( I say that having started at 6am and going to another site until 10-11pm 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

He’s always said he’d never play a retro/throwback set

You say that as if it’s a bad thing to do?

That set did lose a bit of momentum toward the end though, I was hoping for a bit more piano & vocals.

Mister-P
    Free Member

This got me thinking about nights I’d seen Sasha play at. Not 100% sure that I was at this exact night but I did see him a few times at Tyrant at The Bomb in Nottingham in the late 90s. What a cracking little place that was.

singlespeedstu

Meh.
    Just like I remember him at the Eclipse.
    Almost getting there but never delivering.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The man like Sasha – new '90s mix’ is closed to new replies.