Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • The Lurgy?
  • Caher

Is there some nasty thing going about? I am very lucky that I am rarely ill but twice in a month I have been taken down by aches all over, temperature, groggy, huge headache etc. It went about 2 weeks ago, so I sensibly went swimming in the Atlantic, and now it’s back with a vengeance.

salad_dodger

Lurgy?! Have you got the decorators in?

Drac

You have a bit of a cold.

fasthaggis

Start of a new term.
    Students bring Lurgy to all areas.
    Fact.

pocpoc
    Free Member

The mini germ carriers brought it back in to our house last week!
    Child 3 (2) had a throwing up session Sunday morning, Child 2 (5) then followed suit on Tuesday night, followed by myself on Thursday afternoon.
    A few hours of mess each time and then better the next day.
    Mrs pp and Child 1 seem to have avoided it somehow. For now 😐

Pyro

aches all over, temperature, groggy, huge headache etc

Doesn’t sound right, you’re not braying “Yakkaboool!” every few seconds…

(Ying-tong-iddle-i-po…)

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Manflu has been spreading at work recently, hitting some worse than others. Had it last week in mild form (not bad enough to not work, but felt fatigued; achy; dull headaches, took it very easy cycle training-wise and drastically reduced miles.

Did a tiny bit of training on way home today, to see how my body reacts, if I die it was the manflu. 😉

tang
    Free Member

Just don’t call it flu, Drac will shoot you down with the old ‘if you’re well enough to be on here…..’

Vomiting here last weekend, followed by 2 day headache. Nice.

Wally

I had the flu jab and now I have a heavy cold.

downhillfast
    Free Member

Sounds like man-flu.

Is your will up to date?

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, manflu, can’t see you getting out of this one unforts. What bikes you got? 😉

richardkennerley

Don’t know if it’s the lurgy you’re suffering with, but one of the consultants in the lab suggested getting the flu jab this year is a good idea, we’re expecting a nasty strain apparently.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Yep, whilst I’m double hard and triple tough, I seem to pick up every bug going – I blame the kids and the nurse wife who is given jabs for everything to keep her going only to pass it to me.

Anyway – so far this year I caught cold No1 about 2 weeks ago, got over that in 3 days or so – a personal record, then passed it to Wife who took it away with her for a few days only for it to mutate somehow because she returned 2 days later and gave it back to me – another 3 days, then better, took a very wet lap at Afan yesterday and have awoken with it again!

Still, could be worse, this time 2 years ago I was in hospital with pneumonia, that seems to be a cold when it started, went riding when is shouldn’t have, then it seemed to be Flu and I got worse and worse until I ended up in A&E with suspected meningitis – if you think A&E waiting times are long, try turning up with suspected meningitis ha ha – didn’t touch the sides!

Caher

well, i did mention there was a nasty lurgy about.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yeh and its still about.Runny nose,dodgy throat and tired.Thought I’d avoided it this winter.

funkmasterp

I’ve had a dry cough for over two months. Can’t cycle because it causes huge coughing fits. Mrs F made me go to the GP. I now have an inhaler, waiting on a chest X-ray and also have to have an ECG for some reason.

I was fit as a fiddle three years ago. Having kids and then turning forty has truly done me over 😕

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I’ve had it on and off for three weeks. I couldnt ride but managed a run after the 1st and 2nd and this, along with work colleagues and children having it again, has meant my immune system was too poor to ward it off a 3rd time.  Feel ok the last two days but debating whether to chance a ride or run or both this weekend or just eat and drink.

My company offered the flu jab but I passed thinking I dont need it, perhaps not a smart move.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Turning 50 seems to of done it for me.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like flu Paul,more like the annoying virus I,ve got.

paulneenan76
    Free Member

I would agree, Monkeycmonkeydo, it’s not flu, however, I’ve been advised to get it and it’ll help ward off or reduce the impacts of other lurgy’s, or is that tosh?

madxela
    Free Member

Glad it’s not just me…darned annoying!

Klunk
    Free Member

3 weeks of flu here, 2 weeks smashed out of my gourde on the strongest opiates/opioids i could find followed by a week of they most painful rasping cough (still got it but no longer get the full on coughing fits)

andybrad

First day off work for years today.

Rubbish.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sounds like the real deal there klunk.

Klunk
    Free Member

how did people cope in the past with 2 weeks of 24/7 pounding headache without painkillers ?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

In 1919 a lot of them died…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I left my old job in November, feeling mildly unwell, started the new one & hit a downward slope. Within 10 days I was feeling and looking like death.

Great time to be ill, I struggled in so as not to mark my cards & was sent home a few days, managed to stay ill over Xmas & all the way through to about 10 days ago, even with antibiotics and steroids to help.

As an asthmatic who had pneumonia a couple of years ago, it’s great fun getting properly ill – went through 3 or 4 inhalers at the same time, what an all round winning situation it was.

Northwind

I’m allowed to say flu, I’ve got a note from the doctors that says so. Never thought I’d be signed off with “just normal illness”, I’ve only ever had it with broken bones and mentalness before.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sounds like me in your first bit there hobnob.As an asthmatic myself, I hope I don’t get your full symptoms.It may have been the stress of change that got you.Might try a hot then cold shower to rev up my immune system.Kill or cure.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Any Friday night casualties?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘The Lurgy?’ is closed to new replies.