• This topic has 53 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by copa.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • The low-cost 26in bargain photo thread
  • ads678

Are 26er bars cheaper now too?????

Those bad boy are more like 31″!! Orsumzzz…

colster808
    Free Member

Paid £250 for the frame (£50 less than I sold my frame for) and £180 for the forks which were mint. The rest came off a old bike.

I’ve since had some trouble getting parts(see other thread) but still consider it a bargain and is a blast to ride in my opinion.

chakaping
    Free Member

More great bikes, the Norco looks nice and long.

acjim
    Free Member

That Prophet looks fab, I’ve wanted one for ages – wish I could weld!

colster808
    Free Member

That Prophet does look mint in raw.

Nice work.

olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

This was mine, picked the frame up for £125, stripped the tatty paint, new offset bushings, serviced the shock,new headset and decals from Dn five, all other bits transferred from my hardtail, reckon it cost no more than £180.
    Rode it hard for 8 months, then it cracked at the chainstay.

how to take a screen shot

jwt
    Free Member

Think it cost about £35 total and is ace for messing about on the pumptrack!

neilforrow

Just built up last night. Thanks to a few off here for some parts too!

more info on the frame here: pinkbike review and here: Luis Arraiz interview

chakaping
    Free Member

That’s an unusual beast Neil, what has it cost you?

neilforrow

Much cheep’ness chakaping! Amazing what can be had. I remember these when they came out and really wanted one at the time.

Haven’t costed it up fully, but its around the £700 mark (at the mo). Bargain for what was a premium race bike a few years ago. This has also got the damper bearings, light weight steel spring, angleset…

Check the stats (this a large), very similar to 2016 bikes. Way ahead of its time really.

ads678

I’m sure my mates brother used to race for K9ine.

I know, cool story bro……..

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah that looks very promising Neil. 26in still makes total sense for DH-y bikes IMO.

neilforrow

chakaping – Member
    Yeah that looks very promising Neil. 26in still makes total sense for DH-y bikes IMO.

Total sense, and even more so now as replacing kit has got cheaper. Consumables like tyres, rims all can be had for peanuts. Ideal!

(inner geek talking here) What I like about this is the high pivot / idler concept. Much like Zerode’s (G2) efforts and the new commencal (supreme v4). Surprising how well it works as a concept on a bike like this. I always wanted a Katipo too… or the Lahar DHV 9, BMW race link, super co… list goes on!

copa
    Free Member

Old kona with some new bits, £99.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘The low-cost 26in bargain photo thread’ is closed to new replies.