Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The longest and shortest minute.
  • zippykona

Longest..a minute on the turbo.
    Shortest ..a minute in bed.

bearnecessities

Longest – waiting for the toaster.
    Shortest – eating the toast.

jekkyl

longest: waiting for an appointment- Drs/dentist etc
    shortest: on a ride at alton towers.

Daffy

Longest – Making a PowerPoint presentation (like right now)
    Shortest – Catching up with my old Uni mates for food and banter.

sands
    Free Member

Longest: Girlfriend getting ready “I’ll just be a minute…”

Shortest: Realising you need to edit your post when it’s been up for 14minutes.

McHamish
    Free Member

A microwave minute is longer than a normal minute.

theotherjonv

Shortest; being told you have a minute to live

Longest; trying to hold your breath for a minute

Cougar

Longest: temporary traffic lights.

Shortest: ticketing websites that reserve your booking with an on-screen timer ticking down whilst you frantically type in all the information ever about yourself for the Nth time after your password doesn’t meet unknown complexity requirements, you’ve failed the CAPTCHA test that only a computer could hope to read, not noticed that the screen refresh has thrown away what you’ve previously entered, and oh god oh god there’s only a minute left where’s my bloody bank card if the timer runs out they’ll have sold out they’re only doing one date this year is that a lower-case L or an upper-case i FFFFUUUUUU… That’ll be the price of an extra ticket in booking fees, please.

fasthaggis

Longest..a minute with a tailwind.
    Shortest ..a minute into a headwind.

Daffy

Cougar – Moderator
    Longest: temporary traffic lights.

I almost posted this! 😀

Kryton57

Longest: a Microsoft minute
    Shortest: A PAYG Prawn minute – so I’m told.

soma_rich
    Free Member

longest: track standing at the traffic lights, whilst a pretty lady waits to cross the road.

Shortest: The moment you unclicp to the time the lights go green.

M6TTF
    Free Member

longest: trying to get your leg over
    shortest: getting your leg over

Stoner
    Free Member

longest: my new ute
    shortest: my newt

crazy-legs

Longest: the “on” bit of an intervals session
    Shortest: the resting bit of an intervals session.

😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Longest – waiting for the kettle to boil for Tea after a long ride
    Shortest – drinking that Tea once made

RustyMac

Longest – Trying to calm down my almost 2 year old daughter when she is screaming uncontrollably because she is over tired.

Shortest – Time tinkering with my bike, i can go into the garage and what feels like the briefest of moments is an hour later.

CountZero

Longest: the boss asks you to just come to his office for a minute.
    Shortest: a New York minute. (For those who don’t know the expression, it’s the amount of time between the lights changing from red to green, and some jackass in the car behind leaning on the horn).

Shortest: ticketing websites that reserve your booking with an on-screen timer ticking down whilst you frantically type in all the information ever about yourself for the Nth time after your password doesn’t meet unknown complexity requirements, you’ve failed the CAPTCHA test that only a computer could hope to read, not noticed that the screen refresh has thrown away what you’ve previously entered, and oh god oh god there’s only a minute left where’s my bloody bank card if the timer runs out they’ll have sold out they’re only doing one date this year is that a lower-case L or an upper-case i FFFFUUUUUU… That’ll be the price of an extra ticket in booking fees, please.

And this^
    Particularly when I booked tickets for Kate Bush; I kept getting the page stall when I tried to confirm my booking, after four attempts, I noticed a tiny little T&C box in yellow halfway down the page for Kate, which didn’t show clearly on my phone’s screen.
    Tapped it and hit confirm, an eternity passed before it went through, on 0.26 seconds…
    As it happens my Row E seats turned out to be front row!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Longest – waiting for a train – Wales and West minutes can take hours.
    Shortest – the fabled ‘New York Minute’ it’s less than 5 seconds.

mark90
    Free Member

Albert Einstein

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That’s relativity.

bearnecessities

Longest minute – wondering what had caused the bang against the car tonight, from stopping to looking around car (it was dark).

Wasn’t really a short minute but it was a cat. Poor thing gave up in space of a minute.

Sorry cat, really am 😥

Bunnyhop

Longest – anytime spent in/with a dentist
    Shortest – the melting gorgeousness of a piece of good quality chocolate in the mouth (leading to many minutes at the dentist).

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Longest: a minute in my current shitty job with my current **** of a boss.
    Shortest: a minute at home.

Thank **** for lots of job interviews.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The longest and shortest minute.’ is closed to new replies.