Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ludacris management
  • Denno17
    Free Member

Well the management have totally surpassed themselves today. Where I work we have had people sacked or disciplined for not wearing the correct ppe and then today we have a complaint of a team leader using racist comments and he is being allowed to carry on working and thinks it’s ok as I quote ” he did not mean anything by it” the word he chose to use was used quite a bit in blazing saddles. I will also add he made the same comment 3 times after one of the guys who works here and is also half caste asked him what he just said.

Total madness how someone can get the sack for not wearing safety glasses but not for using racist comments

plumber
    Free Member

H&S is to a large extent important

Words and associated meaning at the current level of political correctness – well…….not so much

Admiralable
    Free Member

Well I can see why looking at Ludacris. I’d have thought his management are used to refering to each other as the said word on a regular basis. Not wanting to stereotype American black rappers BTW!

It could be worse. It could be Porch Monkey!!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2DxyAGzGxM[/video]

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t help but wonder if the OP meant to spell Ludacris like that..

avdave2

half caste

And is that how your colleague likes to describe himself?

BigJohn

he made the same comment 3 times after one of the guys who works here and is also half caste asked him what he just said

Why are you surprised he said it again when somebody asked him to repeat it? And do you think you’re qualified to differentiate between one offensive term and another?

donsimon
    Free Member

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me! 😀

Denno17
    Free Member

DezB no did not mean to spell it that way
    Avdave2 yes he does refer to himself as half caste and quite proud of his fathers heritage
    BigJohn if I said a comment initially I would want the earth to open up and swallow me and would not repeat what I said out of embarrassment.

Some people do get quite offended I know a few black guys that could not care and joke about it themselves but I also know a few people that like to play the racism card, one thing I don’t think is acceptable is for people to make comments like ” I sweating like a ****** on a rape charge” And think it funny and then to go on and repeat it three times.

xiphon
    Free Member

I take it your ‘friend’ doesn’t actually know where the term ‘half caste’ originates from? It’s actually very offensive…

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I take it your ‘friend’ doesn’t actually know where the term ‘half caste’ originates from? It’s actually very offensive..[citation needed]

xiphon
    Free Member
    CharlieMungus
    Free Member

exactly!

jonb
    Free Member

Quick some one tell the guy that he should be offended by that. He’s missing out on a whole pile of offence he could be taking, for free, by not knowing where the term comes from.

Cougar

Disciplined for not wearing safety equipment, what’s the world coming to.

Probably the same asshats who’d sue their employer for not forcing them to wear PPE after they’ve sliced their fingers off.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ludacris management’ is closed to new replies.