Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The Lake District advice
  • Mounty_73

We are heading up to the Lakes this week (we have 4 -5 days) as I have only visited Keswick and Windermere, plus some other places whilst doing the c2c.

Are they any must do places in the Lakes? We both love walking (not biking on this trip).

We are also looking for recommendations of a camp site too?

AD

Convention is on in Keswick at moment so you might want to avoid it…

Or you might not depending on what floats your boat.

jambalaya
    Free Member

There are quite a lot of threads – have a google search with the following (you could add ” teamhurtmore” as he has posted on many of them)

site:singletrackworld.com lake district

You should do a Wainwright walk or two, various webistes have them

Have never camped there but the site at Hawkshead is just outside the village for pubs etc, perhaps not the most scenic

footflaps

We either stay in Ambleside or Keswick, as for where to walk there are 1000s of options…..

Mounty_73

Is Wasdale worth a visit? From what I have seen it looks great…

footflaps

Yep, Wasdale is spectacular but a bit remote. Wasdale Head Inn does good food has has lots of History. We often stay there when doing multi-day walks, e.g. start in Borrowdale, walk over to WH Inn, then walk back the next day or over to Ambleside and stay in the Old Dungeon Ghyll Hotel.

jambalaya
    Free Member

This was the last walking thread I recall

Lakes, no bikes

martinhutch

Duddon Valley – Turner Hall Farm for camping. For me the least ‘spoilt’ valley in the Lakes. Old Man of Coniston can be walked from the campsite, just up the road is Crinkle Crags, Bowfell or even the Scafells.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Buttermere is nice. Some lovely walks in the area.

jp-t853

Convention weeks can be good for visiting Keswick as the restaurants, walks and attractions are dead

andygreener

2nd Buttermere. Stayed there for a week last month. First time in the Lakes. Bloody lovely.

Trekster
    tomaso
    Free Member

It is called Lake District for a reason. You have been to Derwent and Windermere, so I suggest Buttermere, Ullswater, Waswater and Coniston. All are surrounded by stunning walks both low and high level and nice pubs with lovely Cumbrian beer. In fact this may help more…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘The Lake District advice’ is closed to new replies.