Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The Krypton Factor
  • hammerite
    Free Member

It was my childhood ambition to appear on The Krypton Factor when I grew up. I worked out which rounds I’d score well on and which I’d struggle with.

Anyway, for some reason I have a memory of someone having an accident on the cargo nets and either finishing covered in rope burns or covered in blood. Can anyone else remember this? Or is this one of the dreams I probably had about the programme as a kid?!

funkmasterp

Don’t remember that. Krypton Factor would be too much for me though. My life’s dream is to win at Takeshi’s Castle.

postierich
    Free Member

No your right the Assault course was lethal I know I did it when in the Army not the TV show!

mrwhyte
    Free Member

It was all about winning Fun House for me and meeting the twins. That dream did not come true. 🙁

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve done Holcombe Moor Assault Course too as part of a charity thing.

A&E was packed afterwards.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

On STW it’s The Kryton Factor, in which a man struggles with every tiny decision in his life. 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Awaits thread entitled…..” I’ve been insulted by a paper clip salesman. How should I retort?”

scaredypants

chateau* to perchy (and Flash, f coure)

*as in, le bingo

avdave2

How should I retort?

The stupid are full of confidence, the intelligent full of doubt

bodgy
    Free Member

How should I retort?

“Got any pistols?”

Northwind

The flight simulator was the most exciting thing in the world when I was a kid.

Harry_the_Spider

I’d forgotten about the Flight Simulator! That was more tense than Dr Who when I was a kid.

Baker era Dr Who, not your Davison/McCoy shit. Obvs.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Baker era Dr Who

I disagree. Colin Baker was the shittest of all the Doctors. 😉

Northwind

McCoy era had Sophie Aldred, that caused different but more interesting tensions…

johndoh
    Free Member

I remember Krypton factor so don’t worry, you are not going mad.

I always wanted to be on Crackerjack.

And if they did weight categories, I always wanted to do Gladiators – but as I weigh around 10st I would have been mashed by the female Gladiators (some of which I would willingly have been mashed by 8) , never mind the likes of Rhino.

neilforrow

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obzxPwB2cSk[/video]

About 15 min in.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Gladiators

You(dale) rang?

hammerite
    Free Member

Thanks all, so injuries yes, but not people finishing covered in blood!

Sundayjumper

I too was expecting this to be four pages of indecision over (not) buying a car.

ourmaninthenorth

A schoolfriend’s father was on the Krypton Factor in the mid-80s. Finished runner up for the series IIRC.

I, on the other hand, have literally just completed some verbal, numerical and logical reasoning tests for a job interview. Above average vs target on numerical and verbal. “Around average” on logical – wouldn’t get very far on the Krypton Factor myself then..!

neilforrow

It was the late 80’s show ‘Run the gauntlet’ for the assault course for me…

http://www.ukgameshows.com/ukgs/Run_the_Gauntlet
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZGbdOKMQWo[/video]

gonzy
    Free Member

Don’t remember that. Krypton Factor would be too much for me though. My life’s dream is to win at Takeshi’s Castle.

no one wins at Takeshi’s Castle 😆

matt_outandabout

Please can we bring back some of these old shows? Much better than the Cr*p such as The Chase…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My mate ‘Dreya won Gladiators in 96.
    Bugger. 21 years ago…

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Watched a clip of a lady doing it a week or so ago on one of those ‘funnies’ programmes. Woman jumped down off a platform and literally broke her leg. Even carried on and finished whilst dragging her broken leg behind her.

davosaurusrex

Those funnies programs aren’t nearly so funny now that they routinely show people getting badly hurt.

funkmasterp

no one wins at Takeshi’s Castle

I once saw somebody win and Craig Charles was speechless. I remember calling a friend to tell him to quickly turn on Challenge to see the winner and he told me to **** off because he didn’t believe me 😆

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘The Krypton Factor’ is closed to new replies.