Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • the Indian premier league cricket
  • hora
    Free Member

Anyone else think its **** awesome?

Heretic?

chewkw
    Free Member

Do they have cheerleaders cheering throughout the game?

:mrgreen:

hora
    Free Member

Only when they cut to them so unsure

fin25
    Free Member

I dont like the IPL…

I love it!!!

http://youtu.be/TQMDDWki2U8

tang
    Free Member

I love all cricket!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I wish I could like it more, but too many poor deliveries. Enough to make it reek of match fixing.

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s shite!

The whole T20 thing is like saying “I don’t really like football, but I do like the drama of a penalty shoot out, so let’s just do that bit”.

The ridiculous spectacle of a bowler getting slogged for two consecutive sixes, then celebrating when the next slog is slightly miscued and caught on the boundary just makes me sad.

The only good thing that ever comes from shortening cricket formats is that the fielding is, generally, improved.

Otherwise, you can stick it I’m afraid.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

I’m with Dannyh.

“Lob it and slog it” is just cricket for the Playstation generation. Probably got more in common with baseball than proper cricket.

andytherocketeer

T20 far more interesting. Specially when you can fit in more than 1 match in a day.

Same would be true for footy. Why waste 90mins playing when it’s gonna be 0-0 at the end anyway, with a shoot out. Sometimes it’s 1-0. 90 whol minutes of not scoring. The main 90mins is the equivalent of 5day defending almost every single ball without running runs.

Shame that rugby 7’s isn’t so popular too. Short, sweet, sod defending for 80mins. You wanna win, you gotta attack.

Lifer
    Free Member

Another +1ish for dannyh

T20 is entertaining, but a great test will beat it any day, IMO.

It’s like a comparing TV to film.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘the Indian premier league cricket’ is closed to new replies.