Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The Impossible???
  • XC_PK
    Free Member

Quick story, my Dad wants a new bike for commuting so Im building one up for him. But I can't find one that does everything he wants it too. He needs a; singlespeed frame (with the intention of Alfineing it), Mudguard and Rack Braze ons, disc mounts, sloping top tube and an upright riding position eg Bars are higher than the saddle when built. Budget isn't that much of a concern. We were looking at a Singular Peregrine but he doesn't like the Top Tube on it. Any one know of a frame that meets the above points?? Thanks in advance.

racefaceec90

try this company. http://www.thorncycles.co.uk/index.html i know they do nearly all you have asked for.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Giant Escape R Sub Zero fits the bill.

High rise stem and it'll sort the position.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sounds like a thorn fits the bill

XC_PK
    Free Member

Ah yes Thorn!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

How about edinburgh bike co op revolution pathfinder nexus?

No discs but everything else

thorn have a hatred of discs IIRC they will not fit them.

On one inbred?

trail_rat
    Free Member

"thorn have a hatred of discs IIRC they will not fit them."

they didnt have an issue putting XTR disks on my customers rohloffed raven …

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Maybe its just tandems he won't put them on then. He thinks that the fork won't take the stresses and that they overheat and fail.

Edit – checked – it is just the tandems that he won't fit discs to – a load of tosh on his site. about curved blade forks not being suitable for disc tandems – cannondale and dawes sell them and no sus forks warrentied for tandem use.

jonb
    Free Member

Inbred and a high rise stem and spacers?

XC_PK
    Free Member

Cheers for all the responses chaps, one thing that I forgot to add was that he is hoping to use 700c wheels… Can you fit 700c wheels into an Inbred? I just stuck my road wheels into my Blur and Pipedream and they both fitted. Anything wrong with doing this?

JoeNation
    Free Member

700cs will fit most 26ers, with pretty skinny (ie road) tyres. Chunckier ones way fit depending on the frame.

May I suggest the Singular Gryphon? It's available in about a month, but not on their website yet (lots of pics on Singular's Flikr account though). It's pretty much a rigid-specific Swift, with a slightly shorter TT and longer head tube (longer at the top as well as the bottom). No rack/guard braze-ons though, but I've seen one with a QR-mounted rack fitted.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The Impossible???’ is closed to new replies.