Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The "I Love Snow Because….." thread
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

…..I was meant to be going on a training course today which I didn't want to do as it's 100+ miles each way and I'm off out tonight, but the best thing is my manager who would have been covering me whilst I was off, lives in Kent and can't get in to work as all the roads are shut, so I don't have to go!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO and indeed HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

:mrgreen:

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Just me that loves it then? 😉

AndyP
    Free Member

ace night ride last night, another one lined up today. Fuelled by Talisker. Plus my little boy is beside himself with excitement. Snow rocks.

mtbfix

Sweet riding in this morning and fresh tracks for a couple of kms. Pity that the gear and brake cables froze and the frewheel packed in with the cold but loved it all the same.

juan
    Free Member

No I don't love it specially since I am still riding in shorts, I want sknow too I am bore of sun and nice weather. Give me SNOW NOW I WANT SNOW NOW……………………….

Cooroo
    Free Member

It is so damn pretty.

lowey

Its because we dont get it much. Say for example in Canada, the place shuts down for 4 months so it aint so unusual.

I must admit to being a big kid though. I LOVE it. Cant wait to get home, take the kids sledging, then get the bike out and have a play myself.

dmiller
    Free Member

I Love Snow Because…..

I'm a big kid and love playing in it. I also love splashing through deep puddles and if anyone says boobies I titter like a 12 year old.

Jamie
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member
    Just me that loves it then?

I think everyone else has been snowed under by all the other threads. Its snow joke if you get my drift. In fact i am getting a bit piste off by all the threads.

thegreatape
    Free Member

titter

Good one

AgentOrange
    Free Member

It's good to see all the 'soft folk' 😉 in London panicking & it making national news headlines after a little snow shower.

We're all going soft…. When I were a lad we used to have at least 8 feet of snow.

People of the South – There's no need to wear 3 base layers, merino, thermofleece & gortex, you don't need to use crampons, or ice axes, to get to work, just put a 'big jumper' on, leave your BMW at home and walk.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm wearing a merino baselayer under my hoody. Is that OK? 😉

robdob
    Free Member

No you big jessy.
    Get tough!

I did put a scarf on this morning but it was too hot. Same with the coat tbh.

I drove home through Leeds last night at 11pm and it was a blizzard with 10ft visibility, couldn't brake for the lights as there was no traction, car sideways round all the corners. After the first 10mins I had to turn down the heater to cold as I was too hot. I am so tough. 😉

Sideways in the snow!! Snow ROCKS MY FACE OFF!! 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Because you've got it and we haven't. Not even a frost in sunny Dorset this morning.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I did put a scarf on this morning but it was too hot

Scarf? Looooooooooooooooooooooser!

I was wearing shorts to work up until yesterday…… 😛

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Just me that loves it then?

No I do too.

The only thing that bothers me….. is the kids that nick it off the roof of my car 👿

In fact, this afternoon I saw some kids steal snow from my driveway to make snowballs

……. and I couldn't believe it ….. they obviously thought that it was some sort of joke, as they were all laughing and giggling !!

…..the cheeky brats :scowling face:

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

so long as it's not the "wrong kind of snow":

3 hours to (mostly) push our bikes 5 miles 🙂 I did manage to ride 2 whole metres at one point, but then I slid uncontrollably back to where I started 🙁

dmiller
    Free Member

SFB – I have reported your post to the mods for bragging about having a better day and more snow than me…

😀

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

about having a better day and more snow than me…

that was a year and one week ago…

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The "I Love Snow Because….." thread’ is closed to new replies.