Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The healing properties of dog slobber.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

In true stw style, every question or though I ever have needs to be posted here for comment.

So, today musing. The healing properties of dog slobber. I picked up a bit of a booboo on Saturday and three different dogs have just given it a good lick. Now, as a kid, my parents always said that was fine. Plus, if the dog gets a booboo, he always heals really quickly. However, logic does remind me that my parents are no sort of Oracle and dogs do lick their own bums. So, does dog slobber help or hinder the healing of a booboo?

allthepies
    Free Member

I just cut them off.

iDave
    Free Member

how do you know a dog always heals quickly? what’s the evidence? and what’s a booboo?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Dog saliva is very nasty stuff to get into a wound. To be honest you might want to think about amputation if you’ve already had three of the dirty little buggers lick it.

trout
    Free Member

how about a controlled test say 2 cuts and let the dog lick one see which one heals fastest.

dog saliva is supposed to have antibiotic properties though.
    just google it

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Dog saliva is very nasty stuff to get into a wound. To be honest you might want to think about amputation if you’ve already had three of the dirty little buggers lick it.

Yup.

I always shudder when I see ignorant pet owners letting their children kiss dogs on the mouth (especially after the dog had it’s tongue up it’s dirty bottom minutes previously)!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘The healing properties of dog slobber.’ is closed to new replies.