Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The guy who gave up a $15bn share in Apple for $1000
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

I never knew that there was a third founder of Apple but having just read this story – Third Founder of Apple – I’m humbled by his modesty, self awareness and honesty.

Perhaps he’s not rich financially but he’s rich in many other ways.

IHN

There’s a similar story with Facebook, one of Zuckerberg’s mates at college was asked to help set up The Facebook at Harvard. He initially said yes, but spoke to his folks who said that, after all the scandal with FaceMash, he should probably not get involved with any of Zuckerberg’s schemes.

They’re still friends now though, and Zuckerberg likes to tease the fella about his $1billion mistake…

donsimon
    Free Member

Very humbling, but I do believe he’s made another mistake. I think the correct response to this is to open a thread blaming everyone else for the business mistake you’ve made and expect others to repay you for lost monies.

hora
    Free Member

How much as Bill Gates given to charity out of his pocket again?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

He now lives in a $150,000 home and drives a Chevy Malibu with 80,000 miles on the clock

Is that just one step away from Skid Row by American standards?

hora
    Free Member

Humbling? He was at the coalface, thought this isn’t working and took a grand. How many people have done that, bailed, got out, not believed and the others did?

Plus lets not forget Apple experienced turbulent fortunes and it was down to the uber salesman Jobs who made the company.

donsimon
    Free Member

Humbling? He was at the coalface, thought this isn’t working and took a grand.

His reaction, not his action.

amt27
    Free Member

The guy who gave up a $15bn share in Apple for $1000

well no he didn’t , he gave up a $1000 share in Apple for $1000,

hora
    Free Member

He walked out. His choice. I don’t see how someone elses subsequent HARD work should be cried over. He had nothing to do with the $15billion. It was owned and created by others.

sugdenr
    Free Member

well no he didn’t , he gave up a $1000 share in Apple for $1000

More than that, he gave up at least $2250 of debt risk for $1000 in his pocket.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hang on guys, I wasn’t saying anything other than I think his honesty is laudable.

No of course he didn’t give up a $15bn share, that’s the point, it wasn’t anything when he walked away. But the impressive thing is that he is not bitter, has no regrets and is self aware enough to realise that he would always have had shortcomings that meant it wasn’t right for him to be involved.

The most impressive thing is that he seems happy with who he is, even if that seems to be ‘a day late and a dollar short’. That kind of self acceptance and happiness is rare.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The guy who gave up a $15bn share in Apple for $1000’ is closed to new replies.