Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The Grove pub – Hudds
  • hora
    Free Member

andybrad

What about it?

Drac

;

hora
    Free Member

I drove past yesterday and all the signs are down, why?! Ordered new ones?

Scapegoat

Possibly. So go to the Sportsman, Or the Star on Albert Street, or the Shoulder Of Mutton at Lockwood, or the Dusty Miller at Longwood, or the Rose and Crown at Cop Hill, or the Rat and Ratchett at Chapel Hill, or the PostCard or the Nook in Holmfirth …..they all still sell beer 😀

mt
    Free Member

The Cricketers, Deanhouse.

hora
    Free Member

We should have a stw hudds ale crawl night

robdob
    Free Member

It’s the only pub I go to in Hudds, couple of friends have played in there on music night.

hora
    Free Member

I grew up 100m’s from the Grove 🙂

Scapegoat

Bus station? Or Sikh Temple? 😀

Pub crawl sounds good….. Trouble is, by the time you’ve gone round the pumps at the Grove, Rat and Star it’s unlikely you’ll make it to the Shoulder…… 😈

Saccades
    Free Member

Is the rat and ratchett still going? Next to Al Fizals takeaway?

Loved that place despite the landlords wife (a milf and then some) being a grumpy bollocks. did most of the staff and broke some prized pint glass, which was replaced by 4 more rarer ones by the brewery (wheat beer, back in the day when wheat beer was exotic..ish)

Think it was the sportsman in which I pulled the filthiest lass I ever met.

Happy days.

hora
    Free Member

I like failing good. Further up-towards TP woods. That was my play/area.

Grove, Sportsman, seems to be a good place on Chapel hill too?

Scapegoat

Chapel Hill is the Rat. Bought a few headaches there. Next to Faizals means it’s handily placed for a nice soothing kebab.

Scapegoat

We’d have to do a Colne Valley version and include The Sair of course.
    Or join my mate Lez’s mud sweat and beers stag do reunion, thirteen pints in thirteen miles, Almondbury over to Thunderbridge via Farnley Tyas and Thurstonland, with a play in the woods at e eth opportunity. The jumps in Thunderbridge woods were interesting with eight pints on board.

hora
    Free Member

I’m happy with it. Can jump on a train back to manc. However 13pints is 5 passed sanity

Scapegoat

Nah. We started with a big boy breakfast at 1100 and Mrs Scape came to fetch me and the bike at 9.30 pm so we’d had all day at it, with plenty of riding between pubs to metabolise the beer, plus fish and chips at Kirkburton. Doubt I’d have passed a breathalyser, but stay on light session beers and you’d manage it. 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The Grove pub – Hudds’ is closed to new replies.