Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The gritters were…
  • snakebite
    Free Member

or didnt appear to have been out in Staffordshire. Quite possibly the daftest commute on 23c’s I have ever done! 😯

scruff
    Free Member

I stuck to the mainer roads, watched the sunrise though- which was nice.

the-muffin-man

Nowhere to be seen in rural Derbyshire either – it seems they only grit major roads now, and leave country roads untouched despite many of them being highly used routes.

slowmart
    Free Member

A serious ice park had formed on the road into the estate today.

Kryton57

Did you know the average county wide gritting action costs per night?

Have a think about that, the public spending cuts (next round in April) and your council tax contribution and you’ll be able to do the maths that explain your situations.

This two links will also help:

http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/travelling/roads/road-design-and-maintenance/winter-roads/

http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/snow/grittingfaqs.asp

snakebite
    Free Member

Yesterday I rode in on Hans Dampfs, 2.3, tubeless low pressure, perfect. Today Contis 120psi… brown pants. Even the main roads A34 had ice half a metre from the kerbs. 😯

scruff
    Free Member

I took one on the ice last year by Bodmin Ave shops, car right behind me managed to not drive over my head.
    This county’s highways has enough money to grit more roads, it just chooses to spend ££££’s on useless cycle path red tarmac and useless info signs.

soobalias
    Free Member

i wont be pedalling in on the skinny wheels for the next couple of weeks

adi66
    Free Member

Rode to work today on my MTB commuter (12 miles down country lanes & through parks / bridleways) all where covered with a sheets of intermittent ice!

It was the first time i’ve been able to properly test my Schwalbe Ice Spikers…. and I was BLOWN AWAY at how good they are! I could ride “as normal” on all the roads etc… even on sheets of ice i had LOADS of grip!

ICE TYRES FTW
    😀

Flaperon

Have a think about that, the public spending cuts (next round in April) and your council tax contribution and you’ll be able to do the maths that explain your situations.

Yep, can’t be having with no biscuits at council meetings.

trail_rat
    Free Member

rode in on wintermarathons with ice spikes

i was fine didnt stop me sticking the malky on an audi – how ever even with dry weather and no snow i doubt id have stopped in time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The gritters were…’ is closed to new replies.