Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • The Great Move North – and the winner iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis……
  • piemonster

IHN

Everyone knows the north isn’t a geographical location, it’s a state of mind

You’re dead right fella, they’ve studied it and evryfink. The results are:

http://sasi.group.shef.ac.uk/maps/nsdivide/ns_line_detail.html

http://sasi.group.shef.ac.uk/maps/nsdivide/ns_divide_polygon.html

You’re living in Whippet land, Stoner love 🙂

scaredypants

I can see the battle of Grimsby being fought over that map

piemonster

Worcester in the north eh…. ********!

Stoner
    Free Member

Woohoo! Im a northerner! In your face you shandy swilling yuppies from Tewkesbury!!!!
    Right, Im off to smother a whippet with man-gravy. That’s right. Isnt it?

piemonster

Woohoo! Im a northerner! In your face you shandy swilling yuppies from Tewkesbury!!!!
    Right, Im off to smother a whippet with man-gravy. That’s right. Isnt it?

You’ll need a pipe and flat cap, and to be thoroughly miserable for the duration.

also you will simultaneously need to feel superior in both cheerfulness and friendliness despite being neither.

Stoner
    Free Member

I reckon I can pull that off.

Im also a dab hand at idolising “God’s Own Country”, pints of orange tea, and Geoffrey Boycott all with a gritty An’ Ah’ll tell thi that fer nowt expression on my gurning chops.

IHN

Geoffrey Boycott? Tha’s thinkin’ o’t wrong side o’Pennines there lad. Tha should be con-surrr-nin tha’sen wi’ this fella

Bunnyhop

OOoh yes, let’s have a welcome to ‘nettles’ party in the Navigation.

Nice local shops in Whaley, good bike shop, chippy, pleasant scenery, plenty of riding and just a pootle along the canal to our house, hahaha.

Also Hill and sons, riddle makers to The Royal family are in Whaley.

IHN

What’s a riddle?

geologist
    Free Member

There’s no way, Worcesterites are northerners! My Parents moved to Malvern from Yorkshire 15 years ago, and the 2 places/people couldn’t be more different.
    That map is defo a complete load of tosh! 🙂

AlexSimon

Welcome!
    I live in Bollington and often look longingly at the slightly better value housing in Whaley and Chapel.
    I’ve resisted so far though 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

My Parents moved to Malvern from Yorkshire 15 years ago

Its like reverse Darwinism. If I were you had have stern words with your parents that they contaminated your genes by having you so far north, when they should have waited and made you a southerner from birth, with all the privileges and natural advantages of good looks, wit, charm and brains that it would have brought you.

IHN

they should have waited and made you a southerner from birth, with all the privileges and natural advantages of good looks, wit, charm and brains that it would have brought you.

What you talkin’ about ya soft shiiite?

geologist
    Free Member

Haha, i live in Ludlow now, having lived in Malvern for 5 years and Whaley bridge for 10 years, I can defo say I prefer being in the middle ish region of shropshire.

Stoner
    Free Member

I call that a win for southerness then 🙂

ThePinkster

Stoner – Member
    Im also a dab hand at idolising “God’s Own Country”

What, Wales? I think you mean “God’s Own County

Bloody amateur Northerners……..

Stoner
    Free Member

ahem
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God’s_Own_Country#Yorkshire

Our lad declan seems to know what ‘e’s on about

RustySpanner

AlexSimon – Member

Welcome!
    I live in Bollington and often look longingly at the slightly better value housing in Whaley and Chapel.
    I’ve resisted so far though

Went for a pint in Bollington last year.
    Th pub described John Willie Lees as a charming craft bitter and wanted over £3.00 a pint. 😀
    It’s brewed in Middleton – the locals use it for delousing dogs and children and it’s over a pound a pint cheaper.
    You can drink it, but then you can drink your own piss if you insist. I wouldn’t bother with either.

Nice curry house in Bollington though. 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

It’s norther than the souf, so it’s a step in the right direction.

AlexSimon

Rusty Spanner – Member
    Went for a pint in Bollington last year.
    Th pub described John Willie Lees as a charming craft bitter and wanted over £3.00 a pint.
    It’s brewed in Middleton – the locals use it for delousing dogs and children and it’s over a pound a pint cheaper.
    You can drink it, but then you can drink your own piss if you insist. I wouldn’t bother with either.

Nice curry house in Bollington though.
    Yep – it’s a decent curry for reasonable money.

There are tons of pubs in Bolly though (claims to have the highest pub to resident ratio in UK), so if you didn’t like that one, try another.
    I recommend the Poachers for a varied clientèle and The Bull’s Head, Kerridge for Tapas.

Edit: in 2000, there were 24 pubs for 7000 residents.

Bunnyhop

IHN – Member

What’s a riddle?
    T’is a round gardening implement for shaking the earth through a wire mesh to sift out the stones.

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘The Great Move North – and the winner iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis……’ is closed to new replies.