Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The Government Terrorism stratergy laid out
  • hora
    Free Member

Its going to cost £10m a day. No offence, I don’t want to be that safe. A bit of risk in society is part of living. Sorry, most of that cost will go into Big Brother.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Its going to cost £10m a day.

You’re having a laugh – surely ?

I distinctly remember Tony Blair saying that the world would be a safer place after the invasions of Afghanistan and Iraq.

And I didn’t doubt him for a minute. So I was expecting money spent on tackling terrorism to be scaled back.

But £10m a day ! ……… WTF has happened ? ! 😯

Hairychested
    Free Member

They could give all of us really well-paid security jobs and still be better off.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Hairychested – Member
    They could give all of us really well-paid security jobs and still be better off.

Or train 60,000 of us to do it unpaid….

jova54
    Free Member

I suppose if they are using shop assistants and traffic wardens to keep us safe from terrorists they can take down all the damned cctv cameras and get rid of the police.

epicyclo

How about saving that money and instead go for the big tobacco companies? They kill more people every week than the terrorists have managed in the last several years.

IanMunro
    Free Member

10mill equates to roughly 16p per a person per a day.
    Now the thing is i’ve got no idea if that is extraordinary expensive, extraordinary cheap, or quite reasonable.
    Anyone know how this figure compares to other western countries or historical trends, because at the moment it’s just a valueless figure as far as I can see.

hora
    Free Member

The news report mentioned ‘new technology’ ….think think tanks, consultancies and lobbyist’s selling to Government Ministers with well paid Consultancy jobs awaiting those who pass the rubber stamp of approval.

TBH, too much control stifles any society, I dont want that. Whats wrong with our current MI5/MI6- are they totally incompetent to date then?!!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

……i’ve got no idea if that is extraordinary expensive, extraordinary cheap, or quite reasonable……

It seems like an awful lot of money to spend on a threat which was irradiated several years ago.

“it’s just a valueless figure as far as I can see”

Try thinking of a million pounds multiplied by ten.

crazy-legs

It seems like an awful lot of money to spend on a threat which was irradiated several years ago.

Holy shit, the threat is now irradiated?!! Bring in the NBC suits, the threat is radioactive!

😉

Sandwich

We could also go after all those pesky car drivers who have killed more people than any terrorist ever. Oh.. hang on…

grizzlygus
    Free Member

LOL @ crazy-legs ! How TF did eradicated become irradiated 😆

Still ………… stupity isn’t a crime 🙄

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Still ………… stupity isn’t a crime

It is in your case!

grizzlygus
    Free Member

It is in your case!

Criminally stupid, eh ?

I best get rid of my tee shirt then ….

brakes
    Free Member

it’s not THAT much
    10% of the defense buget, 5% of the education budget, even less of the NHS budget

counter-terrorism money isn’t all taxpayers’ money either, some of the money is generated revenue

counter-terrorism is tied in with a hell of a lot of new Home Office policy including borders, immigration, identity systems, police authorities and with that come a few thousand people to pay for

grizzlygus
    Free Member

10% of the defence budget ? ? ! ! FFS 😯

IanMunro
    Free Member

Well I think we can rule out the extraordinary cheap possibilty then 🙂

dobo
    Free Member

so its going to cost me 16p a day to carry an id card?

brakes
    Free Member

don’t assume you’ll get one dobo
    they may even find out that you’ve got links to Al-Al Al-Sheeh Al-Kumbiah and get one for free

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘The Government Terrorism stratergy laid out’ is closed to new replies.