Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • The good old…
  • patriotpro
    Free Member
    althepal

How long will this last do you think?

patriotpro
    Free Member

Your guess is as good as mine pal, but there’s nothing offensive been posted on it thus far and i’ve seen other ‘religious’ threads last 3 and 4 pages.

It’s funny how other’s jump upon those other religion bashings threads with great venom yet they’re mysteriously absent when it comes to the “religion of peace”… 🙄

sbob
    Free Member

patriotpro – Member

It’s funny how other’s jump upon those other religion bashings threads with great venom yet they’re mysteriously absent when it comes to the “religion of peace”…

Did somebody ask for my assistance? 😀

I’ll happily lambast Islam if it’s needed.
    Don’t get me wrong, I dislike all religions and think anyone that has a 100% faith in the existence of “God” is a blithering loony, but Islam is the one I like the least (from those that I have encountered).

Unlike most of the Guardian reading hand wringers on here my views are based on first hand experience.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It’s funny how other’s jump upon those other religion bashings threads with great venom yet they’re mysteriously absent when it comes to the “religion of peace”.

Perhaps, being brought up in the west, we are more informed on christian religions

You may also be mistaking us asking for folk to not be lazy racists as some sort of defence of Islam. IME Hatred of islam and racism are quite closely linked – you have seen the EDL for example- that should get us your 4 pages eh 😉

If it helps I am happy to generalise everything I have ever said about religion to Islam- does not bring peace and their god is not true

You right wingers really work yourself into a froth over Guardian reading lefties to the extent you get wood when you think you have found hypocrisy and boy do you look hard for it

Ps

Happy Christmas 😉

maxtorque

Yellow Pages?

(showing my age i suspect)

Coyote
    Free Member

Hatred of islam and racism are quite closely linked

Not always. However it is an argument often used by Muslims to deflect any criticism of Islam.

Northwind

So if I’m understanding correctly, 25% of the world’s population are muslim, and 30 of those 1.6 billion people just did something terrible, and this tells something important about the other 1,599,999,970.

I look forward to finding out what it is, I bet it’ll be very informative.

sbob
    Free Member

Junkyard – Member

You right wingers really work yourself into a froth over Guardian reading lefties to the extent you get wood when you think you have found hypocrisy and boy do you look hard for it

Politically, I’m apparently a fractionally left wing libertarian, but anyhoos you can’t deny that when papers like the express or wail will deliberately focus on race and religion, papers like the guardian will often omit such information, even when it is pertinent to the story.

Well you could, but I’m sure you wouldn’t want to lower the level of respect I have for you, especially as being someone who doesn’t eat bacon you’re currently filed under “potentially untrustworthy”.

Merry Christmas. 😆

Junkyard
    Free Member

True I should have said quite often closely linked

They often say it because it is often true but yes legitimate criticism can be made of Islam

Well you could, but I’m sure you wouldn’t want to lower the level of respect I have for you, especially as being someone who doesn’t eat bacon you’re currently filed under “potentially untrustworthy”.

If I offer to eat your bacon where would that leave us in the trust stakes 😉

sbob
    Free Member

You are always welcome to my bacon Junkers, failing that I might have some vegan curry that might be more to your liking (missus cooked it, I can’t take the credit; it is good).

patriotpro
    Free Member

boy do you look hard for it

It was on the ‘red-button’, found it looking for the weather…

I mean it could be more western news channels out to brain-wash us all again… 😉

For the record Junky I never saw the EDL thread.

Merry Christmas

patriotpro
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    So if I’m understanding correctly, 25% of the world’s population are muslim, and 30 of those 1.6 billion people just did something terrible, and this tells something important about the other 1,599,999,970.

I look forward to finding out what it is, I bet it’ll be very informative.

To be fair, it could be seen as a mellowing sign, the last one that dared to blaspheme the peaceful religion was a young girl with down-syndrome.

At least the poor soul this time was an able bodied man.

samuri
    Free Member

How long will this last do you think?

Well ridiculous shit like that has been going on for thousands of years so I don’t expect it to go away any time soon. Which is a real pity.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Idiots have been posting threads like this for a while, but not thousands of years.

You’re right though, it will never stop.

Jamie
    Free Member

C’mon people. It’s Christmas. Let’s not bring religion into this…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘The good old…’ is closed to new replies.