Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The girl with a dragon tattoo
  • organic355
    Free Member

Wife has booked us to go see the US remake on friday. I have the 3 original films on bluray and havnt got round to watching them.

Should I watch the (swedish?) original movie 1st, or go blind to the daniel craig one? I guess I can watch the original ones after, but if recent hollywood remakes are anything to go by then the original should be better?

john_drummer
    Free Member

watch the swedish ones, they’re very good

racefaceec90

haven’t seen any of the films,but i’d say watch the original first.it’ll no doubt be better 😉

MartynS

the daniel craig version is ment to be very good.. they don’t mess about with it to much.

however the original ones are stunning.

drewfus
    Free Member

watch the originals 1st or even better read the books 1st, but guess you havent got time. the books expand the story better than the original films.

Keva
    Free Member

I’m nearly halfway through reading the last book and have really enjoyed it all so far. Must get around to watching the films.

Kev

cheez0
    Free Member

Saw it last nite, very good, but like the original films, leave out quite a bit of detail.

I understand why that would be, the latest version makes Salander a little more ‘sociable’ and the latest film ‘slickens’ up the story a little, to get all the neccessary points in, without having to be a 4hour film.

Will be interesting to see if they remake the others too, which is what the trilogy cries out for.

Daniel Craig and Rooney Mara do a good job of portraying the main characters, fans of the series will snigger and huff in places where they know whats coming, and keep an eye out for Alan Dale, yes thats right, Jim from bloody ‘Neighbours’.. that bugger will audition for anything!

ooh, get me, I sound like Barry Norman! 🙂

You wanna watch it, you do!

grantway
    Free Member

What man wound not go Swedish first 😉

matthewjb
    Free Member

keep an eye out for Alan Dale,

Jim from Neighbours has been in nearly every big US TV series of the last few years. He generally plays a shadowy Machiavellian figure. I’ve seen him in:

Lost
    West Wing

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Mark Kermode says American version no better so waht the point, some other critics have said it is! I loved the Swedish versions and watched those after reading books, stil thought they were great. Mr MC watched Swedish films without reading books and loved them. I’d say watch Swedish ones. I think I might go and see American ones though out of interest.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘The girl with a dragon tattoo’ is closed to new replies.