Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The GF's new bike
  • Grimy
    Free Member

Built my GF up a bike out of my old frame and parts left over from upgrades etc, with a couple of donations from some good mates, and a couple of stickers another mate knocked up we ended up with this! 8)

I wonder if Merlin would like to adopt the name for all there women specific builds, lol.

rOcKeTdOg

don't you like your GF?

Nainosliw
    Free Member

Well it's a fine frame anyway 🙂

Hope the GF shows her appreciation as only she can 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    epicsteve
    Free Member

If I put stickers like that on my wifes bike I'd expect to be executed or for there to be a "Bobbit" style incident.

Drac

So your GF done a lot of riding then?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Talk about a rolling insult 😯

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Missing apostrophe. Should be: "Wizard's Sleeve".

Grimy
    Free Member

Its irony, I didnt think "Mouses Ear" had the same ring to it on a Frame made by Merlin! 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

"Its irony"

Missing apostrophe. How ironic! 🙂

ken_shields
    Free Member

Does she know what a "wizard's sleeve" means?

If I put that on my GF's bike I'd be getting a Merlin shaped suppository

Nainosliw
    Free Member

Only 9% of STW riders' partners ride with them regularly (according to the current poll). Please note careful placement of apostrophe.

Grimy
    Free Member

I did duck when I explained the meaning of wizzard's sleve, but simply explained it was fitting for a well ridden frame and she saw the funny side. I actually built it up a couple of months ago, but only just got round to posting the photos. In that time, Sarah has been out twice a week on avarage and really enjoys herself, or at least one of the pubs I try and include on the route. So I guess I'm going to be one of the lucky or unlucky 9% depending on your point of view.

I recon more SO's would enjoy riding if they were give a half decent bike to start with and not a Tesco FS special 😆

Kit
    Free Member

Those stickers are ace! Does your mate do so as a business (or would he be willing to?)

highclimber
    Free Member

you might need a bigger seat if she has a wizard's sleeve!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is she tall?

Grimy
    Free Member

Kit, He makes the stickers up as a bit of a sideline / Hobby in his back room. Cost him a few quid for the vinal plotter, but he used to do it for a job when he was younger and figured he'd recoupe the cost after selling a few stickers on Ebay. Makes some good pocket money out of it, and will do custom stuff as long as its for a fair few off. He's got a full time job aswell, and can find it swallowing all his time if he's not carefull.
    What did you have in mind? Ill have a word and pass on his contact details if it sounds like something he'd do.

Yes she is tall 8)

epicsteve
    Free Member

I recon more SO's would enjoy riding if they were give a half decent bike

I'm trying this with SWMBO now as I've built her a nice Inbred. It's in commuting spec so might also build her a decent MTB from the spares bin as she's said she'd like to try some proper off-roading.

She's ridden off-road motorbikes before so fingers crossed that she enjoys the mountain biking. Although I'm certain she'll be quicker than me uphill!

_tom_
    Free Member

wizards sleeve graphic is quality 😆

MartinGT
    Free Member

Is she Dutch? I also agree with hillclimber, maybe a sofa would suffice 🙂

Nice build though, the graphics are neat.

Kit
    Free Member

What did you have in mind?

Nothing specific, but always thought some fancy custom graphics would be ace. I'll favourite this thread and might be back in touch 🙂

SiB
    Free Member

Is it worth waiting around for a pic of the GF on the new bike……….or maybe a pic of new GF??

BigJohn

Is your GF having some "Thimbledick" stickers made up for you?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘The GF's new bike’ is closed to new replies.