Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • The free money in Manchester experiment.
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

Why am I not surprised by the outcome? Does that make me racist?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32717101

BigDummy
    Free Member

If you really thought, before watching the video “I bet the money is taken by black people”, then it is certainly possible that was a “being a bit racist sometimes” moment, yes.

🙂

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Does that make me racist?

Maybe if you ignore the first woman shown in the video that doesn’t take any of the money. Then use the skin colour of the two that did take the money to try and prove a point then yeah your thought process is a bit out of whack.

terrahawk
    Free Member

there’s plenty of white people who would have also taken the money.

MSP

Hang on, does that mean that all men are thieves?

terrahawk
    Free Member

uh?

hels
    Free Member

Or 50% of Londoners ?

MSP

Maybe it is baseball caps that cause greed and criminality.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Or 50% of Londoners ?

regionalist.

fasthaggis

Interesting that nobody took all the notes in one go.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Id have been surprised if a woman had taken it, likewise a guy in a suit. Two adidas wearing black guys, not so much. Maybe im just stereotyping not racist

jambalaya
    Free Member

Interesting that nobody took all the notes in one go.

Yes, the people giving money to the needy took just one. The two lads at the end took what was left. In this case the two “oiks” happened to be black, plenty of such people of all other skin colours.

MSP

Id have been surprised if a woman had taken it, likewise a guy in a suit. Two adidas wearing black guys, not so much. Maybe im just stereotyping not racist

Nope, you’re racist.

binners

Basballcappist?

D0NK

Id have been surprised if a woman had taken it, likewise a guy in a suit. Two adidas wearing black guys, not so much.

well you only noted the skin colour on the people who took the money. That, in isolation, is not looking great TBH.

Would have been interesting to see how many others would have taken money if it was run at night – weekend too. Lack of an audience plus alcohol would have massively increased the uptake I reckon.

fooman

There’s plenty of white trash that would have half inched it I’m sure. If the guy who left a fiver knew scrotes took it would he be so generous in future? I think not, this kind of act undermines altruistic behaviour.

rewski
    Free Member

uh? most people are suspicious shocker, find the guy who pinned his own £5 and give him £50.

rewski
    Free Member

The cardboard sign would of been taken too in my manor, they love recycling around here.

seosamh77
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member

yes.

globalti
    Free Member

Note to self: borrow Granny’s crutches next time I go begging.

slowoldman

The cardboard sign would of been taken too in my manor

I bet it would have.

terrahawk
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about this for a while now.
    The fact is, you’re definitely a racist.

ads678

We don’t see who takes the first fiver, then a white woman takes a fiver and gives it to a begger, an (east) asian looking fella puts his own fiver on there and then 2 black blokes take all the money.

Plenty of black, white and asian people walk past and don’t take the money.

All it tells us is that some folk are nice and some folk are scum!

brooess
    Free Member

It’s actually just an advert for the social media company. In no way whatsoever is it scientific enough to prove anything about anybody…!

easygirl

I’ve seen the beggar on crutches who didn’t want to take the money, and walked past him loads of times.
    I’ll give him something next time I see him

HughStew

Maybe the “experiment” tells you about who is in need.

miketually
    Free Member

Maybe the ‘experiment’ isn’t about people taking money off signs in Manchester? Maybe it’s about racists on the internet?

Dickyboy

All it tells us is that some folk are nice and some folk are scum!

or that some people realise its just another social media hype dressed up as “an experiment” and do the only sensible thing

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member

No just very good at predicting what would happen next… Maybe the blokes thought they were entitled to it and could justify their need. Its a shame the experiment didnt ask for their money back

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘The free money in Manchester experiment.’ is closed to new replies.