Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • the frame says 150mm of travel but i have 120mm why ??
  • toymotor
    Free Member

heres a question I have a new frame to build it needs 150mm of travel i have 120mm travel brand new forks i want to use so what will happen if i use the 120mm, have you done this ? im not heavily using it and not planning any mammoth trips, probably just nip to the offy now and then or cruise it along the sea front weather permitting so geometry handling not crucial. I understand the bike company design, tests and recommends the correct travel but 30mm isn’t that much and if Im not jumping it why cant i run less travel, people with TALAS forks must have at some time rode it at the minimum which is 100mm WHAT WHAT LIKE ? love to know

Toasty

It’ll steepen up the geometry, putting you more over the front wheel. Sound like a rubbish idea to me. Do you want a 150mm beefy bike, or a 120mm speedy trail bike?

Clearly not an issue if you’re not actually mountain biking on it.

toymotor
    Free Member

Not that bothered about beefy and not going any where near a trail so
    as Im not anywhere near a mountain it should be fine for a quick tootle along.

andyl
    Free Member

you’d have an easier ride and probably more fun on a different frame with some carbon or steel rigid forks tbh.

Otherwise it’s only 30mm so it won’t make much difference to your intended use.

toymotor
    Free Member

rigid forks that sounds painful, i only has a full sus cause its nice and comfy although i usually forget and have the forks locked out anyway.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘the frame says 150mm of travel but i have 120mm why ??’ is closed to new replies.