Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The football
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

No doubt it’s been discussed before…shouldn’t they give out yellow cards for overacting and reds for complete faking of injuries?

Jamie
    Free Member

They do. It’s called simulation. Not a red card offence though.

brakes
    Free Member

yellow cards for blatant simulation, mostly given for diving in and around the box

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah, Ok, cool, ta.

That goalie should have got one.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’d like to see the rugby yellow card rule brought in for any diving and play acting.

If you’re not as injured as your death-throe-like-agony-antics would indicate, you can sit on the sidelines for ten minutes. That would soon stop it! 🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’ll happen in cricket one day 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sadly, the play acting is creeping in to rugby already. 🙁

hilldodger
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    I’d like to see the rugby yellow card rule brought in for any diving and play acting.

rather see the football yellow card rule more vigorously applied…

Misconduct in association football is any conduct by a player that is deemed by the referee to warrant a disciplinary sanction (caution or dismissal) in accordance with Law 12 of the Laws of the Game. Misconduct may occur at any time, including when the ball is out of play, during half-time and before and after the game, and both players and substitutes may be sanctioned for misconduct. This is unlike a foul, which may only be committed by a player, and only against an opponent when the ball is in play.

john_drummer
    Free Member

or over-vigorously applied as in the case of the Greek player yesterday who got one yellow for winning – fairly – a headed challenge. Then a second yellow just before half time for an alleged foul on a player who was already falling over anyway.

The Germany-Portugal game was dull

bruk

Still think it has to be done retrospectively. Game moves too quick for the refs to be sure of many of them, reviewed by 3 refs afterwards with all the multiple views available and 3 game ban for simulation. Like the citing system in rugby.

The difference in how easily some players can battle to stay on their feet when going for the ball versus their ability to fall over at much smaller pushes when it suits them.

There were some hefty shoulder barges in the Germany game which both players seemed to get through with no need to fall over clutching a different part of heir body from where contact was made.

theotherjonv

as an ex-goalie, the danish GK one was embarassing. I didn’t feel like I’d been in a game if I wasn’t black and blue by the end of it. Could you imagine Neville Southall rolling around like that? Bring in retrospective bans for that kind of blatant overacting.
    Seriously – I’m amazed that players do act up like that – with the coverage games get, I’d be damned if I’d pretend I’d been kicked in the head when you know the cameras will show you got a mild knock on the arm. It happened in cricket, the cheats that used to claim half-volley catches now know they can’t get away with it; time to start to act on the fakers because they don’t seem to have any shame themselves.

Junkyard
    Free Member

If you’re not as injured as your death-throe-like-agony-antics would indicate, you can sit on the sidelines for ten minutes. That would soon stop it!

not bad idea as when they are being treated you can view the video evidence.

The authorities need to get retrospective IMHO ..we like to blame the refs but almost all the players of all the teams cheat at some point

I like the comment on drogba

“strength of a bull, pain threshold of a lamb”

its not a great sight to see and indefensible from a fans perspective.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

^^This^^

Soccer is not a sport I watch, but as a game it should be superb. It’s so simple, so easy to understand. It should be great, but this pathetic rolling around just ruins it.

I tried to watch the recent European cup final (Chelsea and ?) and nothing happened. Nothing at all, apart from a few people falling over and feigning injury in the most dramatic way. It needs to stop.

PrinceJohn

I like the comment on drogba

“strength of a bull, pain threshold of a lamb”

The odd thing about that tho is when on the odd occasion Drogba stayed on his feet & out muscled the other players it usually resulted in a goal, when he fell over the most he’d get would be a free kick. Surprised he never saw the advantage to be gained by staying on his feet.

alexstumpy11
    Free Member

footballs shite… get out on your bike;)

loum
    Free Member

Still think it has to be done retrospectively. Game moves too quick for the refs to be sure of many of them, reviewed by 3 refs afterwards with all the multiple views available and 3 game ban for simulation

I agree, but think it would be far more likely to actually result in a ban if it’s only for one game. Three is too much, they’d have to really deliberate over it and prove the point beyond all doubt before it happened. Bring in a immediate one game ban, that’s done and dusted before any appeals or legal process gets involved and it’ll work. It’d be better to see ten cheats banned for one game than just one cheat for three. And then the damage to reputations should prevent it continuing. If it does, 3-5 games for repeat offenders.

wrecker
    Free Member

Citing in football is a brilliant idea. Play acting has killed the game for me, hardly anyone tries to beat players anymore.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

The idea is not to try and beat them but pass it around them

That’s what we do in Wigan anyway…….but we do play total football……even if just the last nine games of the season

bruk

Guess I want to ban them for 3 games to really discourage them but I take your point re the lack of balls of the FA and other footballing bodies and concede a single game ban with no appeal followed by lengthier bans like the totting up of yellow cards now may be more workable.

Yes the FA will argue that it is a global game and these things can’t be applied in poorer countries and at grassroots as well, however if the professional athletes at the top didn’t cheat so much then I suspect it would be less of an issue lower down the leagues too.

Northwind

The rules of the game allow for cheating to be punished… The implementation of those rules mean that it’s still often viable to cheat. Therefore, people cheat. Not too shocking really.

My personal bugbear is when people hit the ground as if shot, then writhe around in pain (when I’m seriously hurt, I stay still, I don’t thrash around like a landed fish) but then jump up and take their own free kick/penalty. The blatantness of that… It’s like taking a sicky then riding past your office doing a wheelie.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I have a new rule that FIFA should adopt, and that is, if you’re so injured that you can’t resume the game within 30 seconds, then you have to be substituted. Once your team run out of subs, then you just have to leave the field and you’re not allowed back on.

Sorted.

higgo
    Free Member

Could you imagine Neville Southall rolling around like that?

He’s almost perfectly spherical these days.
    He would roll rather well but would struggle to stop until he hit something.

trailmonkey

I tried to watch the recent European cup final (Chelsea and ?) and nothing happened. Nothing at all, apart from a few people falling over and feigning injury in the most dramatic way.

oh dear.

if you know so little about football that you think this is an accurate summary of that game then i’m surprised that you bother to post on any football threads at all.

but then again you always seem to pop up on the football threads and always in a very negative way.

suppose you have to get your oik bashing in where you can.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘The football’ is closed to new replies.