Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The flappit
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

anybody heard anything else about this 'once motorbike trials area?.. i heard somewhere that they,d stopped the motor bikes riding there after zillions of years and now its going to be for mountain bikes jumps etc..
    its over at 'Denholme' i think nr keighley..

luke.ellis
    Free Member

a few chaps off here built a pump track up there a few weeks ago. Not sure what is planned for the rest of it tho. Would make a good play area for MTB's but im sure that the council will soon put stop that if any one gets hurt.

Its near Cullingworth/ Howarth

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I heard a rumour that STW didn't have permission from the landowner to build that pump track. If that's true, then it would appear it was just a stunt for a magazine artical rather than part of any proper plans to build a MTB spot.

Maybe someone from STW could comment and clear this up?

stumpyjon

That was what we were told (hadn't asked for permission as opposed to hadn't got permission if you see what I mean). Motorbikes have been banned up there, couple of deaths apparently. Hasn't stopped them riding though, quite a few up there when we were building the pump track. One guy was up there sculpting stuff for the motorbikes. He came over to find out what we were doing, told us a bit about the history of the quarry and gave a hand building the pumptrack.

Don't think there are any formal plans for anything though, could do with a damn good clean up though, flytippers paradise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘The flappit’ is closed to new replies.