Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The far north of Scotland
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Has the best trail centres in the country. Laggan Black is the best- a proper test for mountain bikers and what all "black" graded trails should be like- genuinely tough enough for an experienced rider to have to have a wee think. Trail builders should stop wimping out and build trails like this.

Balblair is good fun- very much unique with its long, long exposed bedrock sections and excellent fun downhills that are probably the most natural feeling of any trails. Not particularly technical, but a bit of a riot.

Golspie has been built purely for fun. The climbs are even exciting. The down is a proper down- none of this terrible traversing business so prevailent at Welsh trail centres, a proper, fun LONG downhill with technical rock bits, drops, nadgery corners to hop round, but still easy enough for almost all abilities to ride it. Stunning views too.

If you can go North, you should.

Anyway, here's some photos-

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lleebb76/North#

cynic-al
    Free Member

You just can't get enough of tilting that camera, can you!

trail_rat
    Free Member

far north – you still have 150 miles to go 😉

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I tilt it for Air's Rock to make it look more Gigarads.

mrplow
    Free Member

Looking foward to a trip later in the year :mrgreen:

robgarrioch

Doing Balblair next Friday, Golspie Saturday. Looking forward to it more now, cheers.

Dougal
    Free Member

Laggan is not in the far north. Golspie is barely there.

trail_rat
    Free Member

my ride from portmahomuck to durness tomorrow could be called far north 😉 – ill scope it out for riding 😉

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

With Goslpie being only 60 miles south of John O'groats I'm curious as to what you think the North is! Islands don't count, they're just part of Norway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘The far north of Scotland’ is closed to new replies.