Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The Fall
  • ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Worth seeing on their current tour?

Seriously one of the 50 bands to see before you die?

Or are they *well* past their best and I'll just be disappointed?

nickc

Depends entirely on his mood on the day. Might be brilliant, might be shite, it's the chance you take.

GW
    Free Member

sounds about right – was going to see them once but the stupid **** decided to stab someone that day. so I went elsewhere and just got pissed instead

theboatman
    Free Member

I'll be at Rock City on the 4th of May for them, I've seen them plenty of times, generally brilliant and just an experience, but occasionally really poor but at least still an experience. As Nickc says, it depends on the man, sums them up really.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Seen them a few times. Like said above they could be great or you could be watching a drunken car crash. I enjoyed them either way! Definitely go.

cynic-al
    Free Member

More often good than bad IME

get the most recent album first as they'll play little old stuff.

tim41
    Free Member

Saw them in Exeter late last year, and they were great, MES on top form. That'll probably mean they'll be awful next time.
    It's true they don't play much old stuff, but Psykick Dancehall and Wings were wheeled out last time, surprisingly.
    Expect the unexpected.
    New album due out in a few weeks.
    Saw this in recent Independent feature, sums up The Fall for me
    2001's Are You Are Missing Winner, which sounded as if it had been recorded during a fight in the hold of a cargo ship. 😆

one_bad_mofo

When I saw them play the Cartoon in Croydon a few years ago they did a set of just five songs before Mark E hit the bass player and wandered off. If that wasn't bad enough of those five tracks they palyed two songs twice, so we basically only got three songs.
    Still it's a gig I'll never forget.

cynic-al
    Free Member

First saw them in 1989 IIRC, probs the best gig I've been to. Only seen them be awful once.

TheFopster
    Free Member

I'm going. No idea what to expect, which is as it always was with MES. One of my great regrets is not going to see them doing the "I am kurious orange" thing with Michael Clark. I'm told by someone who went it was one of the wierdest and best Fall gigs ever.

Keva
    Free Member

I've seen them once before about three four years ago, was a great gig. Heard good stuff about recent gigs too.

Kev

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘The Fall’ is closed to new replies.