Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • The event? (no spoilers please)
  • organic355
    Free Member

Anyone watch it, any good? I missed it but its on again on Wednesday I think.

Torminalis
    Free Member

The Mrs and I sat down to watch it on 4oD.

We both really enjoyed it. I then suggested that she had just really enjoyed some Sci-fi. She would not accept this and still doesn’t like sci fi, apparently.

clubber
    Free Member

I really enjoyed it actually though I immediately worry if it’ll be another Heroes that started off very well for the first series and then just lost its way.

philconsequence
    Free Member

I then suggested that she had just really enjoyed some Sci-fi. She would not accept this and still doesn’t like sci fi, apparently.

hahah sounds familiar!

women are strange creatures

cynic-al
    Free Member

I asked at the weekend and it got a strong thumbs down. Will try it on Wednesday

kimbers

was mildly impressed by the first 2 episodes
    it has potential to be watchable but it could easily get stupid if the writers arent careful

CaptJon
    Free Member

Unlike Heroes, though, there was little time spent introducing the characters, and therefore i didn’t give a monkeys about any of the characters. I’d say it has more in common with Lost or Flash Forward. But Lost kept some of its secrets The Event hasn’t, and it is only two shows in. Which means it is much more like Flash Forward – e.g. rubbish*.

*I’ll watch some more, but i don’t hold out much hope.

xc-steve
    Free Member

This tread is useless without pictures… The brunet preferably…

On another note the storyline picks up some momentum in the next two episodes! Although still not to Lost/Hero’s level yet!

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I watched EP5 last week but I think that’s enough for me.

KonaTC

24/V/Heros/4400 sums it up for me really enjoyed it looking forward to the rest of the series.

FuzzyWuzzy

Seemed OK to me although I do worry either it will be like Prison Break and try and make multiple series when they should have done it in two, or it will be like Flash Forward and get canned.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

got it sky+

had to laugh at comment above about prison break, everything after series 2 was a joke!

organic355
    Free Member

had to laugh at comment above about prison break, everything after series 2 was a joke!

True it did get a bit silly, but there was the lovely Dr Tank-ready to make it worth while?

PrinceJohn

Thought it was quite good, lots of plot hole potential tho & abit like V in that it explains everything straight away, hopefully that is because its going places where you need that knowledge, not because it thinks you a thick fat american.

cp

thought it was good, but apparently it’s going to run to about 6 series… so I aint getting into that!

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

mindless american guff.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I **** it right off at the first flashback. Thanks to Lost that’s my new rule of tv watching.

retro83
    Free Member

I **** it right off at the first flashback. Thanks to Lost that’s my new rule of tv watching.

That’s a bloody good rule.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘The event? (no spoilers please)’ is closed to new replies.